Chapter 21

This seemed so surreal. All this was happening yet it was going by in a blur. Nothing seemed right. My stomach ached not of laughing but pain. The pain I would never see my family again. What if my pain became a fear and my fear became true?

"Come here. Don't cry calm down all will be fine." Beth poured reassurance in my ear but, non of it reassured me. All it did was make my tears flow heavier and faster. "Hey come on. This must be hard, I know I can't compare to anything I have known for I haven't experienced anything like this. If only I had then I could comfort you more." She sighed kneeling next to me and pulled me into a hug.

I hiccuped. "You don't want to experience this. The unknown is horrible. All I want is to see them hug and hold them till tomorrow morning." She nodded and patted my back got up and walked off.

"HELP! It's Rosie, Beth help me." It was Pane his voice full of fear yet it was so calm. Beth looked up from the ground and ran towards Pane. Everyone was gathering around Rosie, I was unsure what to do.

"Femi, your here I've been looking all over for you. What's going on?" Jumoke asked.

"Oh it's Rosie she has been hurt. I'm so unsure what I can do I want to help but, I feel useless no one will even let me carry a simple stone." I huffed and stood up walking away from him. He grabbed my shoulder, turned me around and pulled me into his arms. For a while he just held me slightly rocking us side to side. I felt my self relax, I don't know if it was the rocking or being in his arms maybe even both.

"They are just looking out for you. Your not useless, it's just they know things can't be done to your best ability at the moment. They are waiting till they can be. You have had a big shock and to find it in your own with no support must if been hard. I should of tried harder getting you back. I'm sorry." He cracked tears started streaming down his face. I flung my arms round his neck and held him like he did me. Soon he calmed down.

"Now there we go we need to keep calm don't we. Come on. It's not just your fault I think it's a joint effort in both our parts." I joked trying to lighten the mood. Nothing worked.

"But it was mainly my fault I could of prevented it. All you did was storm off. Which I told you is dangerous. Don't do it please. You worried us all half to death as we thought you were dead." Jumoke smirked.

"Why you smirking? It looks suspicious come on share!" I said nudging him. He was slightly ticklish unlike Pane you touch him he collapses.

"Okay well we all kind of had bets on how long it would take for you to storm out." He stopped his face dropped from the smirk to utter terror.

"You betted on me! Wasted good money we could use helping set up a new life!" I whispered in anger.

"Look I won no big deal!" He said smiling.

"No big deal! No big deal! This is huge we could if lost all my savings!" I snapped! Turned my back and walked back to the others.

"Femi, where's Jumoke?" It was Pane. He sounded upset worse than earlier.

"He's up there why?" I asked. I got no answer he was off up toward Jumoke who was brewing after our little spit.