Chapter 6

It had been 3 years since I last saw him. The war is still going on. Sain has kept me safe but today he has been recruited to join the army as the need new and more soldiers. It kills me to see him go.

Apparently the war is over and we have meant to have the advantage due to having the city right next to the battle sight. Messages have come back saying The Pharaoh was injured and is in a serious state. I wish I could be there. They want his serving man to go out to tend to him however, they don't realise it is me. They are looking through the books.

"Ah here we are Femi Rad. Where are you?" The man with a small black beard which was curled and had beady black eyes. I stepped forward. Shock filled his face.

"I am Femi Rad The Pharaohs serving woman." I replied with confidence well as much as I could summon.

"Right then come this way of you please." Holding his arm out showing me the way.

He marched me down to where The Pharaoh was being treated. As I entered his body was lying on a bed and looked weak. His skin was pale and eyes sunken back. There was a couple of soldiers tending to him. The bandages protecting his wound were badly wrapped with blood coming out of it.

He mumbled my name. Looking towards me. How I dream of just being able to kiss those lips? So many people around. You could hear the battle ground and men screaming in pain and fear some shouting ordering people what to do. Non of that seemed to matter now I was here siting next to him holding his hand as I cooled him with a damp cloth.

My world feels complete again nothing can go wrong.............

5 years its been. The war has stopped but, we did not win. They control out city. Men are controlled women are used for their pleasure. We have no freedom anymore. The Pharaoh is lock away in the dungeons. They didn't kill him. I don't know why. I have to go down and give him his food everyday. It is the best bit of my day. At least I get to see the man I love after 8 years.

Life has been hard however we are pulling through. The city has been redone. It sparkles in the sun the palace covered in gold, silver and rubies. Some say to much but, you have to be careful what you say and do these days.

Sain dies in battle they let me receive his body. I saw so many familiar face Jack, Kye and Mile. They all worked in the palace with me.

Fear is always around now. No one can be sure of our future. I still work in the palace and am not allowed to leave unless urgent. Like for family. It kills me I can only see my love only three times a day. We used to be together everyday. Maybe we need to rebel. The only reason we lost was due to The Pharaoh being injured.

"Morning My Lady. Here are your clothes would you like me to take your breakfast tray away or get you dressed first?" I asked. She just looked up and shrugged. She was never happy ever since she came here. The new Pharaoh tried to make her happy but, it never worked. She can't produce a child and it is putting a strain on their marriage.

I started to get the clothes ready and moved the breakfast tray off her lap and taking it downstairs. As I got back up to her room I heard voices.

"My love, please don't stay in bed all day. You are meant to be with me. I need you. Leave him run away with me." It wasn't the New Pharaoh but, Pane. What is he doing? She is a married women and not just any married women she is married to the New Pharaoh.

I should stop this. How without sounding as if I was listening? Just walk in or knock and walk in.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

I walked in.

"My lady. Oh sorry I didn't know you had company. I will leave." I said bowing my head.

"No no don't worry he was just leaving weren't you Pane." The Queen replied. She was a shy women and beautiful. She had green eyes and black hair down to her waist which is either in plaits or down. Her lips were plump but not to plump and a nice red colour.

"Okay My Lady are you ready to get dressed?" I asked. I am so glad she chose this room not The Pharaoh's room it would of killed me to see it everyday.

"Yes I am. I better hurry my husband will be waiting. As you know my brother is arriving with his wife." She replied.

How could I forget? It was so busy down stairs. There has been hustle and bustle since dawn.