Chapter 13

We stopped Jumoke looking around and I was just starring at the hooded man. Footsteps broke out behind us, as I looked behind Jumoke was shot down by an arrow. He fell of his horse to the ground. The horse bolted. I jumped down from mine and left him. I tried moving him but, he wouldn't move. I tried and I tried, the footsteps were now closer than ever. This must just be an ambush. My dream cannot come true that is impossible for me to predict the future. Well people talk about these people who can. I can't place the name.

My chain of thought was stopped when I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders. They dragged me away from the injured Jumoke however, not far enough for me not to see him. That is when they started it stabbing him over and over again. I could hear the blades cutting into his skin and the short screams just like in the cell. Soon enough I was released as soon as the men whos clothes were covered in blood walked away. The road stunk of blood and I ran up to him. Please be alive, it is impossible but, h can't leave me now. He promised and I promised him. My life is over. Why couldn't they kill me aswell. I looked up and the hooded figure was still standing there watching me as I made sure Jumoke was okay. This man stepped towards me cautiously as if he thought I would attack. The only people I would attack were the ones who hurt my love. He started to walk towards me with more confidence. I could not be bothered with him so I turned back to Jumoke. I tried to stop the bleeding but, his insides were torn and some coming out and lying on the road. Then in the corner of my eye I saw a man standing next to me.

"Sorry about him. We would have stopped them however, they thought you were with us when you were not." This man with a deep voice which I recognised said. I looked down at Jumoke as he opened his eyes. I placed my hand on his cheek and he placed his bloody hand on mine.

"I love you" he whispered his voice was hoarse. "Sorry it has to end like this. I thought we had time together."

"I love you to. And this is no time for good byes not yet.We do have time. You need to hold on, I'll get you back to the city it is not far. They will help." I said tears streaming down my face quicker than before.

"Don't kidd yourself, my girl. Those people were from the city. Sent most likely from the Pharaoh. He seems nice but, he is a nasty piece of work." The hooded man said. I still could not make out his face but, I knew that voice so well.

"But, but they just set us free. Why would they do that?" I replied, I am very confused.

"I don't know. This is not important now." He motioned towards Jumoke. I bent down further and kissed him. There was electric through my body and I felt this pain when he pulled back. He looked at me.
"I am sorry. Remember I will love you forever." Then he let out his last breath and his grip loosened on my hand.