Chapter Nine

"Are you sure you don't want to go get looked at?" Phil asked as soon as they got behind the curtain.

"I'm fine." Nichole replied. She wasn't fooling him. Her ribs were starting to bruise and she couldn't breath very well.

"Let me just carry you to your locker room. You can't breath or walk well. You won't make it." He stopped her.

"Fine but you're giving me a piggy back ride, you're not carrying me." 

Punk crouched down in front of her and she jumped on his back. Instead of going to her locker room, he went to the tv room. Inside, Nichole found the three girls that were introduced before their match. She groaned maybe just a little too loud because everyone looked at her.

"What's wrong?" Phil asked.

"You said you'd take me to my locker room." Nichole whined as Punk set her down on the couch gently.

"Sorry, I lied." Punk smirked.

Kofi Kingston and The Miz walked in and sat down next to Nichole. She crouched down and covered her stomach. She didn't like being in front of a lot of people in her ring gear but frankly, it was what she had to do every Monday and Friday and on some house shows.

"Punk, we were gathering a whole bunch of people to go bowling later, you guys wanna go?" Punk looked at his three sisters who nodded yes and then at Nichole. She just stared at the ground.

"Sure, we'll go. Who else is going?" Nichole glared at Phil.

"The Usos, The Bellas, John, Titus, Darren, Naomi, Cameron, AJ, Tamina, Alicia, Jojo, Nattie, and a whole bunch of other people. When we get to the place, we'll decide who's on what team." Kofi explained. Nichole groaned again. "What's wrong?" Kofi looked over at her.

"People. It’s the amount of people. I'm already forced to go out there in two piece ring gear and my weight is said on national tv every week. I don't need people I work with to see me in my daily life. I'd rather go curl up in a corner and cry myself to sleep. I don't do people. They're judgmental pricks." Nichole said as she rose to walk out of the room. Punk blocked the door so she couldn't get out. "If you don't move, I will do your own move on you."

"Ouch, but you're not leaving. This will be good for you and you are going. If at any time you feel uncomfortable, I'll take you outside to cool off and get some air. You need to over come this." Punk said.

"I'd rather die."

"No, you're going." Punk picked Nichole up and carried her to her locker room to change. 

She got dressed in skinny jeans, a white tank top, a pair of nikes, and her hair down. She touched up her make up. When she walked out, Punk was sitting on the floor. She sat down next to him Indian style.

"Thank you." she said softly.

"For what?" he asked confused.

"You're right. I need to stop hiding myself from the world. The reason why I won't gain weight is because I sleep all the time when I'm not working. I don't have any friends. I mean, the girls try to be my friend but I distance myself from them. I push them away. I do that with everyone who tries to be close to me. I've done it so many times to Tay. She's the only one who sticks with me. She's the only one who know's everything about me. And when I say everything, I mean everything. She won't let me distance myself. I keep thinking one of these days we'll fall apart and she'll use what she knows to hurt me. Sometimes I regret telling her and other times I don't. But you're right. I need to go. It'll be good for me. I just have one question."

"I'm your friend and what is it?"

"Why do you care?"

"I told you. You don't deserve this. No one does. I'll be here to catch you when you fall and to help you rise again. You're not going back to hell. I know what its like and it hurts to know that you went through it."

Nichole and Punk got up and walked to the parking garage. That's where they were meeting everybody. Before walking out the door, Nichole grabbed Punk's hand. He was shocked and gave her a confused look. All she did was smile warmly at him and walked out the door, pulling him behind her. Maybe she could give him a shot.