Chapter Five

"How you feeling? Have the meds started working?" Phil asked as he grabbed a water out of the fridge.

"Yes, they started the night they gave them to me. Can I go back to work now?" Nichole said.

"No, you need to be fully healed before you can get back in the ring."

"No, I don't." Punk looked over at her with a glare.

"Yes, you do." Nichole rolled her eyes and rolled over to face the wall.

This week, raw was going to be in Nichole's hometown, Iola, Texas. last night, Smackdown was in Houston. All Nichole could do was valet Phil to his matches. Stephanie finally benched her. It was bugging her not being able to wrestle. Stephanie said that she might have a match on Monday just because it was her hometown. She would find out tomorrow.

"What do you wanna do today? Anything you say, I'll do." Phil said.

"So, if I told you to strip down and jump into the lake naked, you would?" Nichole asked, laughing.

"Okay, there are boundaries."

"Lets go to my house, I need to see my animals."

"How many do you have?"

"I have five cats and two dogs." Phil nodded his head.

He grabbed his keys and opened the door. Nichole slid on her flip flops and headed out the door. She wondered who's keys Phil had. He normally doesn't rent cars because he has his bus. Maybe he did rent one this time.

"Where to?" Phil asked as he started the car.

"55 Trinity Road. Who's car is this?" Nichole asked.

"I rented a car just to do this."

The whole car ride was silent. Nichole gets car sick so she listens to music to soothe her. She had her headphones in the whole time. Phil parked in her driveway. Her best friend, Tay, was standing on the front steps with her two pit bulls, Ice and Penelope. Tay ran to the car. The two dogs trotted behind her.

"You finally brought someone from work for me to meet!" Tay exclaimed.

"Yeah, I guess. How are the cats? Is Tiger doing alright? Has he eaten?" Nichole asked, ignoring her dogs and going straight to the house.

"Nichole, I think we need to talk about him before anything else happens." Nichole stopped dead in her tracks.

"There is nothing to talk about, nothing is gonna happen. Nothing!" Nichole yelled.

"Nicholette Paige Marie Gonzales Turner DeSoto, don't raise your voice at me unless you want to get slapped. We are going to talk about this because he can't keep going on like this. Now sit down and take a breather." Punk stood in awe at how much guts Tay had to say that to Nichole. At work, she would attack anyone who even thought about doing that. to him It was cute. Punk realized what he was think about and snapped back to reality.

"I can't lose him, he's like a son to me. He is a son to me. All my animals are my children. You don't get it, I just can't." Tears started to roll down her face. she planted her head in her hands. Punk sat next to her on the steps and wrapped his arm around her.

"Nicholette, you need to learn to let go. You don't want your child to suffer, do you? That's what is happening, he's in pain. You can end that pain."

"I can't do it, you're gonna have to go."

"Just go to the vet with me. I'll go in the room while you wait outside in the waiting room."

"Will you go?" Nichole looked at Phil, her eyes watery. She didn't know why she asked him, She didn't know why she wanted him to say yes either.

"Yes." he said.