ruined

The sound of glasses clinking filled the nearly empty restaurant, music softly playing in the background; fit for a date. Nearly an hour had passed and Harry felt restless as he checked his phone once again for any messages from Raine or any missed calls. The last message was from Raine herself, claiming that she was going to arrive at 7.00pm exactly, only to be disappointed by Raine not making an appearance. By the time it was 8.25pm; Harry gives up waiting and starts to exit the restaurant; to be greeted by an empty pavement which was barely lit up by the moonlight that shone down on the streets.

Harry could faintly hear the sound of a muffled voice when he walks right into a figure, taking in the familiar scent. “Harry?” Harry takes a step forward, only to have his forehead make contact with Paige’s forehead too. He never realized that Paige was nearly his height, considering the fact that he had always thought of her as a small-sized figure. Retreating backwards, he was finally able to take a good look at Paige. “What are you doing here?” Harry questions.

Paige scrunches up her nose. “What do you think? I was supposed to grab some dinner but it got ruined, somehow. What about you? Why are you all dressed up?” Paige starts to question. “Whoa, easy on the questions Paige. Have you seen Raine?” Paige shakes her head and finally understands why Harry was, dressed up, and at a fancy pants restaurant. “I didn’t see her today and I didn’t come over to their house so if you wish to ask about her whereabouts, you should go over to her house then.”

Harry sighs and brushes his fingers through his curls that was combed back neatly. “If you don’t mind, would you like to join me for dinner? I don’t have company because that’s what mostly happens to me but it will be nice to have someone to talk to,” Paige smiles. “Definitely, I’m starving,” Harry complains as he pulls the door open once again. “After you,”

The atmosphere was still the same way it had been and nobody had seemed to pay attention to the two of them who had just entered the restaurant. Harry leads the way towards the place he had been waiting for Raine to arrive. “Hang in there, growling stomach. You’ll be filled in no time at all,” Paige pats her stomach once she had taken a seat, opposite Harry. Harry chuckles, watching Paige’s stupid actions.

Paige was someone different right then. She was smiling widely and she didn’t seem to make sarcastic remarks after each and every one of Harry’s comments. Paige, making the effort to dress herself up, just to have dinner alone and spending her own company. Her confidence that by night was awkwardness. Each of her flaws making the best of it because that was just who she was.

Harry grins as the food soon arrived and Paige had finally started acting normally. “Paige,” Harry says between bites. “Do you know about Raine’s whereabouts?” Paige pauses and looks at Harry. “You really care about her don’t you?” Harry nods his head. “Why wouldn’t I?” “I’m just asking; and I guess she just disappeared, somehow and somewhere. I don’t really know….I’ve been caught up with something,” Paige exhales.

Harry forces a smile and continues to finish his meal. “We could drop by her house when we’re done, just to check on her. Don’t fret over it, I’m sure she’s fine and breathing,” Paige tries to lighten the mood. “That will be brilliant....I can’t believe I’m saying this but thank you,” Harry’s face lights up.

“Don’t mention it,” Paige beams.

+++

Harry curls his fingers into a fist before knocking it lightly against the door. Niall stands there as the door creaks open. “What are you doing here, Niall?” Harry’s tone sounded harsh. Raine appears next to Niall, shocked. “Please don’t tell me that you guys are together,” Harry mumbles, his voice slightly trembling. Paige knew it was definitely not a good time to confront Harry and took a step back.

“Harry, just leave. I think it’s just not working out. Leave, please; I don’t want to create a scene. Go home and don’t come back,” Raine stumbles over her words, slamming the door in their faces. Harry, who was now kneeling on the front steps stood up, pushed away the curls that was covering his eyes and tugged at Paige’s sleeve, small sobs still escaping from him as Paige trails behind him.

Before she could suggest taking him home, he makes his way down the pavement, the sound of his footsteps against the concrete pavement hitting Paige slowly and she knows that it will do no good to force him inside the car and trying to console him.

Slowly making her way inside the car, Paige decides that leaving Harry there was definitely not a good idea. She walks towards Harry who turns around only to be greeted by a slap on his left cheek. Paige retreats her hand that had made contact with Harry’s cheek. “What was that for?” Harry hollers.

“You’re just going to be some sad mess and let Raine ruin your whole life instead of getting on your butt and walking out of her heart like it was no big deal and making it seem that you’re not that useless and weak person she thought you were,” Paige knew she was putting down both Harry and Raine.

“Well, guess what Paige; I am useless and weak and so are you so why don’t you just fuck off and leave me alone?”

+++

i’m sorry for not updating for a decade and i came up with this piece of disgusting work and i’m really sorry, raine about making you seem bad in this chapter, well, the whole thing was to make paige try to help harry and I think it will work……hopefully. i love you all so much that i can’t explain it.

xx