the wonders of the house

❝Something sweet can turn into something sour.

“Harry’s like a walking, talking Ken doll, except with brown curls and green eyes.” Paige rolls her eyes as Niall laughs. “I will say “No,” but that’s lying.” Niall grins, taking another bite of his burger. “How can Harry hate you?” Niall questions. “The fact that I insult him, sometimes,” Niall raises his eyebrow. “Sometimes?”

“Okay, all the time.” Paige replies. “That’s better.” Niall chuckles, leaning back against his chair. “Well, he isn’t that bad. I mean, sure, he does have a cocky and flirty attitude and earning his spot as a ‘womanizer’. But, he can be a charming young man,” Niall smiles. “With cheesy pick-up lines.” 

“Trust me; I don’t think that Harry and I have had a civilized conversation before. Not that I’m surprised.”  Niall shakes his head at Paige’s statement. “You guys remind me of a love-hate relationship. Minus the loving part because I don’t think that part exists,” Niall starts, earning a small applause from Paige. “I’m sure most people have noticed that already.”

“Fans have been talking about you. Hmm, Haige Stylins actually sounds pretty sweet.  Aren’t our fans creative?” Niall boasts. “Yeah, yeah. And, my fans are stupid,” Paige remarks sarcastically. “Please.” “Okay, okay. You win.” Niall holds his hands up in surrender.

“Of course I win, Niall.” Paige sticks out her tongue. Niall rolls his eyes when his phone starts playing a familiar tune. “Oh, I’ve got to head back,” Niall frowns after scanning his phone. “Maybe you could come over one day, I’m sure the rest of the boys will love to meet you in person.” Niall smiles, receiving a nod from Paige. “Maybe, once I find the time in my schedule which will probably be empty for the next two days.”

“So, it’s settled then!” Paige gives Niall a funny look, unsure of what he was referring to. “I’ll bring you over to our place and you’ll be able to meet all of them, excluding Harry of course because who knows where he might be,” Niall explains. “Probably still with Raine. Raine’s pretty much attractive and she might have already won his little heart.” Paige answers back with ease.

“Yeah, but knowing Harry, he looks at the personality. Not the looks. Okay, maybe the looks but all those rumors and photographs or any stick insects you may have come across, kissing him, hugging him and loving him is all fake.” Paige doesn’t look convinced, shuddering. “Stick insects are much more loving than those Barbies’ who are about as thin as a thin, thin stick.” 

Niall laughs, grinning. “They’re just a diva wannabe. Quite familiar with the various types of divas, thanks to Harry.” Paige rolls her eyes before replying, “Don’t remind me.” “Oh, I’ll remind you.” Niall smiles, starting to add on a few other details about Harry and his life with fake people. Niall’s phone starts playing the same tune.

“Well, Paige, we better get going or the boys will probably ruin our lives. My life, to be exact. The clock is ticking, and I’m out of time.” Niall says in a sing-song voice. “Heartache On The Big Screen?”  Paige asks. “Yes, yes it is. Now, let’s start a lovely conversation about 5SOS while we run to my place, ready?” Niall anticipates, grabbing Paige’s hand.

“What do you think?”

“I’ll take that as a yes.”

                                                           *

“Wow Harry, you’re fast in picking up a girl; especially if it’s someone’s best friend.” Eleanor rolls her eyes, glancing at Raine who smiles half-heartedly. “I’m Eleanor, and you are?” Raine giggles before answering. “Taniel Raine, it’s very nice to meet you in person.” “Um, nice to meet you too.” Eleanor replies, uneasily. Raine clings on to Harry’s arm, the awkwardness heating up until Liam clears his throat. “Take a seat and we will love to get to know more about you.”