lipstick stain

❝Your lipstick stain is a work of art.

                          I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart.

Not long after Paige’s deal with Zachary, he had finally completed turning the script into something that was less cliché and had no grammar mistakes. Well, at least he thinks it is officially a new and proper script. Now, all he had to do was make sure everybody got the new plotline and items ready for the scene. He had only changed the script for the love scene and now, he was going to have to go back and make sure the rest of the scripts linked with the story.

Grumbling, Zachary made his way towards the massive amount of paparazzi which had gathered together, ever since Harry spilled the beans about doing a love scene with Paige. He certainly wasn’t happy that Harry had told the whole world. As he tucked his hands inside his pockets, he began to increase his pace and all he wanted to do was sit at home and have a beer or two, or go clubbing. It had been a long time since he had done that.

“Zachary,” A familiar curly-haired young man trudges towards Zachary, who forces a smile on his face. “Oh, here comes the man whore.” Zachary mutters under his breath. What was “The Harry Styles” hanging around here, anyways?

            Harry, his fingers intertwined with a young woman’s fingers greets Zachary with a cheerful smile. “You do know you’ll get swarmed with paparazzi, right?” Zachary questions, ignoring the eerie smile that Harry had given him. “And, rumours will be raining down, immediately.”

Harry nods his head, but chuckles lightly. “Most of the fans do know about my relationship with my girl, Mia.” Harry grins, holding up his hand which was clasped with Mia’s. “So, what do you think about the love scene that Paige and Harry have to do, Mia?”

“I’m okay with it. I mean, it’s just a small kissing scene that they have to do….” Mia trails off. “And, we’re absolutely not going to have sex.” Harry adds. “Who said that wasn’t going to be sex?” Zachary interrupts. Harry raises an eyebrow.

“The script doesn’t mention anything about having a sex scene?” Harry begins, before hesitating. “There isn’t a sex scene, right?” He gulps. Zachary shrugs. “Well, that was the old script…..So, there is a sex scene. And, you better have some condoms ready.”

Mia lets go of Harry’s hand and folds her arms across her chest. “Harry, you said there wasn’t going to be any sex scene and the director confirmed it.” She speaks in her highly-irritating voice.

“Um, I’ll just leave.” Zachary vanishes down the dark alley, because he decides to be cliché.

***

            Paige glances at her reflection in the mirror. She applied another thin layer of lipstick and picked up her frames. She twirls a strand of hair around her finger and pushes on her frames. She had been told that it was actually optional to use her spectacles but she decided she will probably need it to wear for her eyesight had been playing tricks with her for the past few days.

Trudging herself down the stairs, she makes no effort to retrieve her heels that she had left upstairs and instead stuffs her feet inside her sneakers, calling out a goodbye to her Mum who was inside the kitchen.

As the soles of her sneakers squeak on the pavement, she proceeds to unlock her car and restrain herself from knocking down everything on the street. Paige takes a deep breath and starts up the engine. She absolutely had no idea why she was getting all moody and grouchy today.

“Well, better move on with my life.”

The streets were empty and there weren’t much people roaming on the road. After all, it was a Saturday. Why did she have to suffer at work whilst others sat at home, watching cartoons or sleeping?

             After a thirty minutes driving of nearly running over a stop sign and speeding, Paige finally reached the studio. Her gaze lowers towards the scene which involved that cocky curly-haired guy and a Barbie doll, who looked less menacing that some others she had seen before. “Ew, get a room.” Paige gags, opening the car door; allowing herself to breathe normally once again.

Heaving herself towards the studio, she rolls her eyes at the couple that were busy, shoving each other’s tongue into each other’s throats. Tapping Harry’s shoulder, she knew that he was definitely engrossed into the whole “just-kissing thing” and probably wouldn’t even acknowledge her; she leaves.

Ciara was waiting for her, her legs crossed as she quietly ended the conversation that she was having with Zachary. Zachary nods and the corners of his mouth twitch as his lips form a “Hello”. Ciara nods her head at Paige, and all she does is maintain the frown on her face.

           Harry makes his way towards them, his arms open as if he was expecting all of them to attack him with hugs. “I brought the condoms.” Harry’s smile fades away, as Paige shoots him a look. “You do understand that you actually should have sex at home rather than this overcrowded place, right?” Paige starts doubtfully.

        “But Zachary said…..” His voice cracks, as he clenches his fists. “Zachary told you that there’s going to be a sex scene. And, you believed him.” Paige applauds for Harry’s stupidity. Harry blushes and turns to Zachary, wagging his finger at him like some old grandmother. “I’ll get you back, Zachary.” His words pounded in Zachary’s head.

“I thought it was me you wanted to get back at.” Paige recalls, chuckling lightly. “Oh, by the way, you should clean off that lipstick stain on your neck. Don’t want anybody to think that your girlfriend just wants your dick.” Paige adds, laughing earnestly; earning a glare from Harry, who frantically wipes off the lipstick stain; his cheeks turning red.

 “Can we get back to work? We don’t have all day, do we?” Ciara leads them towards the scene where the props were all ready. “Paige, you still have some scenes you need to catch up with so Harry, you might as well take a look at the new script.” Ciara starts giving out orders.

She was definitely the mother of the whole crew. “Zachary, get to the director’s set and Paige, hurry to the dressing room.” Ciara demands everyone to be at the right place.

“Paige, wait. Before we start filming, I thought maybe you’d like to go out sometime, during the weekend.” Zachary grins, after grabbing Paige’s attention. Paige’s eyes widen and doesn’t answer his question. “Zachary, remember; we still have a lot of scenes to film. Paige, you can meet your stuntman.” Ciara interferes their conversation, which results in Paige breathing a sigh of relief but her attention falls onto the stuntman.

Paige gapes at him, unable to move.

“You?”

***

First thing’s, first. I know I haven’t updated for quite a while but do bear with me. Exams have recently begun and here I am, trying not to actually give up and fail. No, I won’t let it happen. Again. Anyways, this chapter has not been edited and I believe it’s quite short.

Hope you guys have a good day,

Rhea.