love somebody

I really wanna love somebody

                                     I really wanna dance the night away.

            Paige runs her tongue over her bottom lip as she grimaces slightly at the tall and broad young man who watches her intently. Ciara waves him off. “You both can introduce yourselves later. Zachary, I think you ought to stop gawking.” Ciara begins to boss around. “Where’s Harry?”

Nobody answers. Their eyes rest upon Harry, who remains at his seat, propped up and his fingers sliding against the screen of his iPhone. Oh well, at least he was occupied with something rather than disrupting the whole filming process.

Paige sneaks another glance before making her way towards the dressing room. Why did she agree to this whole mess? Zachary winks at her, eyes widening in surprise.

“Well, this is new.”

                                                                *

            Harry wraps his arms around the bamboo stick girl. “You should fatten up a little. You look like some insect.” Paige mocks. She wasn’t entirely being rude. She was just stating a remark that was true. Bamboo stick opens her mouth to form a few words but nothing comes out.

Harry smiles slightly, a chuckle lifting itself from his tongue. “At least I dress better than you.” She puckers up her lips before inconsiderately making out with Harry. “Use protection.” Paige meaninglessly laughs as she wanders off.

Paige didn’t even reach halfway through the car park, she’s already interrupted. “Paige!” That stuntman’s voice booms in her ears. “What?” She snaps, irritated. I mean, who likes to be detained every single second? I know, you.

“Don’t you remember me?” He starts waving his arms wildly. Paige raises her eyebrow. “Do I look like I care whether I know who you are?” Paige states. His happiness dims.

“I remember you alright.” Paige grins. “Your eyes, man, I love them, and every girl practically drooled all over you. Matthew Davis, where is my hug?” Paige places her arms on her hips. Matthew immediately circles his arms around her waist, murmuring against her skin.

“I missed you.”

“I missed you too, Matthew.”

“Now, get off me.”

                                                          *

          “I’m engaged.” Paige chokes on the piece of chicken she had been eating. “To Sabrina?” Paige knew very well that Matthew had been head over heels in love with Sabrina who accepted the key to a good relationship.

But, Paige wasn’t exactly a big fan of Sabrina. Her smile fades away. “You’re not happy with my decision?” Matthew gasps. Paige shook her head vigorously, causing Matthew to sigh. “Why is everyone declining Sabrina?” He muttered, loud enough for Paige to hear.

“Hey, hey. It’s not that I can’t accept that you guys are going to have a family and yada, yada, yada. I mean, this love story actually is pretty cliché.” Matthew gives Paige a look. “I’m being honest here.”

Before Paige could finish talking, Zachary greets the both of them with a smile. “I’m Zachary.” Matthew nods. “Matthew.” Keeping a straight face wasn’t that easy because it was pretty clear that Zachary was trying to not avoid touching Paige. Body language, I suppose?

“Matt…” Matthew grins and pretty soon, Sabrina and Matthew had forgotten about Paige’s and Zachary’s presence. The both of them awkwardly cough, glancing at each other. “Ahem. I think you forgot about me.” Sabrina whirls around, dramatically. “PAIGEEEEEE, my baby.” Sabrina giggles.

“Oh, boy.”

                                                          *

           “And, Lauren was like, “OMG!” and she was blushing profusely. It was just too adorable.” Listening to Sabrina drone on and on about the past events had occurred over the years was plain torture to Paige.

The two lonely boys ditching them meant more “girl time” as put by Matthew. “Lauren said “Yes”, I suppose.” Sabrina nods, clapping her hands like a small child. “And, later, after becoming an “amazing” artist; she got married and then, that was a happy-ever-after.” Sabrina squeals.

Unaffected, Paige leans back into the chair. “How’s your career as an actress? You sound so beautiful and professional in your films. Eek! I can hardly wait for your new movie to come out, with the ever so gorgeous Harry Styles!” Sabrina blabbed on.

“What about you?” Paige runs her tongue over her dry and chapped lips. “What’s your job?” Sabrina jabs her finger to her chest. “Me?” “No, the wall.” Paige rolls her eyes. “I don’t have a really good career right now.” Sabrina plays with her hair. “Just working at the counter of Starbucks.”

“Why Starbucks?” Paige asks. “I heard there’s another café called Kaffeine and it’s not that bad.” Sabrina shrugs. “Starbucks is cool. Its pay isn’t the best but hey, I rented a small apartment and it’s looking good. Matthew doesn’t really mind and aww, he’s just really sweet and kind.”

“How ‘bout you and that director guy, Zachary? He’s actually pretty hot.” Sabrina tilts her head to one side. “Nothing’s going on. He’s hot but no offence, he can be annoying.” Paige laughs.

“What about Harry?” Paige stares at Sabrina. “He’s cocky, arrogant, stupid and has no idea how important this film is to us!” Sabrina looks taken aback. “But, hot.” Sabrina adds hastily.

“What about me?” Matthew pouts, hugging Sabrina from behind. For a second, they looked like a couple who had just been awarded “The “It” Couple”. And, they just seemed sweet.

“No, Matthew, what about me?” Paige frowns.

“What about you, Paige?”

“Why won’t somebody love me?”

“I really want to love somebody.”

***

[author’s note: hello darlings.

this chapter is for my dear friend who wants somebody to love her. don’t worry, we all love you. she is not a specific user on wattpad so um, yeah. this chapter sucks.

but, unicorns.

yay.

love,

rhea mae.