raine, niall horan and chicken

Raine, Food, 5SOS and Niall Horan.

“Fanfictions?” Paige looks at Raine in disbelief. Raine was sitting on her bed, in her cow slippers; tapping away on her laptop. “I’m just a lonely girl without anyone to talk to. Don’t judge me.” Paige giggles, before chucking a pillow at Raine. “I missed you, Raine.” Paige coos. Raine’s eyes flicker towards Paige. “Wow, you have changed so much. You became real cheesy.” Raine laughs, catching the pillow with her hands.

“Speaking about cheesy, wanna order pizza?” Raine questions. “You know, to break your horrendous diet.” “I’m not on a diet, and never going to go on one.” Paige firmly clarifies. “Now, move over and order the pizza while I read your fanfiction.” Raine holds her hands up in surrender, releasing her grip on the pillow. “And, you’ve gone bossier. But, eh, you have never changed one bit and that’s why I love you.”

Paige held a finger to Raine’s lips. “I know you love me and all but I think you ought to have a huge amount of sarcasm in your voice right now and stop with the mushy talk. It’s creepy and I want my pizza to comfort me.” Raine stifles a laugh and her feet touches the floor. “Anything for you, my darling.” Raine bows lowly and picks up her iPhone, unlocking it.

Paige cracks her knuckles, before scrolling down to the list of stories that Raine had written. The Matchmaker sounded quite interesting and it had reached 3K reads. Paige wasn’t surprised. Raine was extremely intelligent in her writing and described in detail most of the time. Paige clicks and she prepares herself to be “wowed”.

                                                             *

The clock on the wall ticks as Paige finishes up the last slice of pizza. Raine had fallen asleep and her head was lying against her arms that were crossed. Paige had finished reading and all that was left was an author’s note. Clicking on it, Paige was shocked.

Her lovable, huggable, amazing and awkward friend, Raine had been receiving hate all this time and had not even complained. But, yet, she still held her head high and kept a smile on her face. That was why Paige loved her. She could still thank the hater and point out her weakness without feeling the slightest insulted.

“Paige…” Raine’s voice was small and tired. “Why didn’t you tell me that you were receiving hate on your writing?” Paige asks. “Excuse me for my lack of professionalism here, but it’s all because it’s only a person who’s lame enough to think that she can put me down by hating on me. But, she didn’t succeed, did she?” Raine raises an eyebrow as Paige shakes her head. “Right, it’s just a little thing and I don’t need to let it slip out of my mouth.” Raine adds. “Was that a reference to Little Things?” Paige points out. “Yes, yes it was.”

“Still, you should have told me.” Paige sighs. “It’s over now. And, even if I did tell you, it’ll be hard because you might have been three thousand miles away from me.” Raine utters, referring to the fact that Paige was overseas. Paige felt slightly guilty.

“I’m sorry for being a bad friend.” Paige murmurs. Raine rolls her eyes. “Then, I’m sorry for being a retard who writes fanfictions.” “And, a person who keeps on having song references.”

“I apologize for that too. But, aren’t you the one who used to always have lyric references, song references and movie references in your sentences?” Raine states. “That was two years ago!” Paige says defensively. Raine laughs lightly, earning a punch on the shoulder from Paige.