Chapter 27: I Am Not Jennifer

Start from the beginning

I noticed that in a lot of the pictures, I was mostly with Matt and Zander. "Were we best friends or something?"

Matt practically jumped off of the couch. "YES! Or that's what I would like to think. We grew closer because we had more in common even though Zander was always the one that stayed close to you. We used to laugh at the stupidest shit!" He started to bark with laughter scaring my mom. "Uh, I'll let you guys catch up." She went back outside, talking to Aimee, as a couple people helped move Monique's body. Probably planning a proper burial.

"Do you remember anything at all about being Jennifer?" He looked kind of scared of the answer.

"Yeah, I do actually, but it still seems so unbelievable." I thought about the day these people killed Shawn in the field and how I was screaming at them not to.

Can I really trust them? Jennifer was held against her will as she fought to go to her mate. A feeling in the back of my mind told me I could trust them but what I was seeing, said something else.

"I remember some things. " I said slowly, not giving away the fact that I watched them kill a man.

Matt seemed nervous, changing the subject. "Have you met my son? His name is Nate."

I nodded my head. I knew he was when I heard them talking by the creek.

Matt smiled. "Yeah, I met his mother a few months after you, I mean Jen, had died."

"Almost a year later, Nate was born, and then just a few days after, Alexander." He sighed proudly. "I couldn't imagine my son being mates to the Beta. It's crazy how things are now."

"And your Beta is supposed to take over if anything happens to Anthony right?" I guessed. I watched Jen work and how Anthony would leave and Jen would be in charge.

"Correct." He smiled. "Any other questions? I know you were sort of thrown into this new world and have no information about yourself at all."

"Well I already know I can't touch platinum. My skin burns off at every touch. Is there anything else we can't touch?" I shivered, remembering the burning feeling when touching the metal.

"Wolfsbane. Wolfsbane and platinum are the two most deadly weapons against us. That and hunters but you don't have to worry about them anymore, they were wiped out by us years ago." He shrugged and I ignored the fact that he said hunters. I could only guess that meant humans and what he meant when he said "wiped out."

"Are we always so aggressive? I mean I get mad at the stupidest things and I almost killed my mom the second time I ever shifted!" I was shouting at him and he seemed surprised. Not that I was yelling but at the fact that I almost attacked my mother.

"You shouldn't have attacked her? Unless you didn't shift. When was your first shift?"

"It's going to be 5 years in a month."

"And your second shift? Did you shift after your first time?"

I shook my head. "No, after about a year later after my first time."

Matt grabbed his head and shook it. "No wonder you attacked your mother! You can't keep your wolf locked up in your body for too long. That side of you gets frustrated and once let out, it takes over. When was the last time you shifted?"

I nervously chuckled. "Uh, two months ago..."

"Holy shit!" He jumped up and grabbed my hand, dragging me outside. "You need to shift before you get out of control and attack everyone here!"

"I'm not attacking anyone!" I cried.

"You wouldnt know what you are doing! This is why young wolves are trained before they shift." He led me into an open field that was filled with young teenagers.