Chapter 25: Gun's A Blazin'

Start from the beginning

"I've had a gun for a while, you just didn't know about it." She smirked but then frowned looking at Alex who was still in his position with his head down.

She kept staring until her eyes went wide. She looked him over with tears in her eyes, becoming angry again. "Take them off! Take them off right now!" She yelled at him trying to rip off her late husbands clothes.

I grabbed her. "Mom, I gave him the clothes. He needed them because-well it doesn't matter but I need you to go into your room and change. We have to go to Alex's house. I think his father can explain better than I can." I pushed her towards the door but she didn't move, her eyes still on Alex.

I grabbed Alex's arm and pulled him up. He was still looking down, not meeting my eyes.

"I'm not leaving you with him in here." She crossed her arm and sneered at him.

"Fine!" I turned back to Alex. "Alex, can you wait downstairs for us please."

He didn't say anything but listened. He stopped next to my mother. "I'm sorry." He told her, clearly upset about hurting me.

My mother looked away from him in an obvious gesture that she didn't forgive him.

When Alex left, my mother finally left causing me to sigh in relief. Holy shit that could have gone worse. I inspected my arm to see it had already started to heal. The blood had stopped but the wounds were still open. I can't believe how deep Alex had clawed me, I could almost see the bone!

I took a shower, washing off the blood. I left my hair to air dry and wrapped a towel around me going into my room. I squeaked in surprise when I saw Alex cleaning the blood off my floor. He gasped in surprise and looked away, making me blush and run into my closet , shutting the door behind me.

"Alex what the hell!" I yelled through my door.

"I didn't see anything!" He replied sounding sheepish.

I looked for some clothes and found a pair of my rifle green cargo joggers and a plain white v-neck shirt. I paired the outfit with my white converse.

(A/N: To those who don't like the outfit

(A/N: To those who don't like the outfit. I like the cargo pants, deal with it! ☹️)

I pulled the door open and saw Alex sitting on my bed, his hands were twined together like he was nervous of something.

He looked up at me with guilt again and I went closer to him. "Alex, stop. Look, I'm perfectly fine. Okay?" I showed him my already healed arm.

He touched my arm, caressing where the wounds were. "I'm sorry." He said, sounding ashamed. "I never wanted to hurt you, ever, let alone actually hit you."

I laughed internally because he literally bullied me just a few days ago. He looked down again but I touched his cheek softly. "I forgive you." I told him genuinely smiling.