Chapter 24: We Are Connected

ابدأ من البداية

I sighed sadly and continued to speak what was in my heart. "Do you think he was a wolf too? Because honestly, I can't picture him being one. It makes sense if he was because I am, unless I really was adopted. I never mentioned it before but my father was blond so according to my genes, I should have either been a red head or a blonde but I'm a brunette! An olive skinned, brown eyed, brunette! My father had green eyes and my mother had blue! How does that work?!" I laughed to myself. Alex moved his head and stared at me with a expression that made me laugh.

"What?" I asked feeling self cautious about the way he looked over my face.

He shrugged his large wolf muscles and I laughed because of the way they looked. His wolf smile made me want to pinch his hairy cheeks!

He laid back down on the floor. I almost whimpered because he was so far away from me. I let it go though because I wasn't about to freak out that a guy stopped touching me.

I just continued speaking. "Do you believe what your dad is saying? That I was this Jennifer person in a past life? It sounds so stupid but then again I have been having dreams about your father, Uncles and Aunts and about a guy named Shawn which your dad says was my mate before he dies too. You know, in one of my dreams, I saw your dad, run up to you and stab you but it wasn't you because I had screamed out Shawn and not Alex." I smiled, telling him my ridiculous dream but Alex scared me when he jumped up all of a sudden.

I flinched away from his large form when he got closer. I almost freaked out when Alex started to change back into his human form. I gaped at him as I watched his snout slowly transform into his perfect nose, his black eyes became those beautiful dark blue ones that I absolutely loved. I watched as his stomach transformed into a 6 pack and then I watched as his-

"HOLY SHIT." I blushed wildly and looked away, covering my eyes. "Dude!"

Alex was breathing really loudly causing me too peak through my fingers to look at him.

"Alex? What's wrong?"

From Alex's expression he seemed to be freaking out. He grabbed my shoulders tightly. "What did you say you dreamed!"

I pushed him away. "What the hell Alex!"

"Ari, just tell me about your dream, please." Alex looked desperate, almost scared.

I grew worried. "It was nothing, just a dream about you. Your father, and his friend were all there. Your Uncle Matt was holding me as your dad charged towards you and stabbed you right in the heart. I was trying to get away from your uncle to go to you but he wouldn't let me go. I was shouting 'SHAWN' the whole time. After that dream I'm now wondering if what your dad said was true or not because what if he's lying and he's the one who killed me and my mate Shawn."

Alex mumbled something under his breath. "I'm Shawn." He said horrified.

"What? No? I think I was dreaming about you because I was thinking about you that night." I blushed again when I admitted it out loud.

"No, don't you understand?! I. AM. SHAWN." He spoke slowly.

"But how?" I asked, its too much of a coincidence. Alex can't be Shawn because then that would mean that he was my mate.

"I've had the same dream Ari. The exact same thing. I remember that after I was stabbed, you held me in your arms and I asked if you can forgive me and you said that 'I will always forgive you.'"

Oh my god. He just described the rest of my dream. I didn't tell him the rest of it.

"So, My name is Jennifer and yours is Shawn. We were both mates and we were both killed and then reborn?" Whose work is this? God?

Alex wasn't even listening to me. He was still very naked and angry with his eyes squinted and cloudy. His hands were balled up into fists and I assumed he was talking to someone.

I left Alex and went back inside. I went into the storage room and went through some boxes until I found a box that had my fathers clothes. I picked out a pair of black basketball shorts and a black AC/DC t-shirt.

I took them back outside hoping they fit Alex. I covered my face before I opened the door. I didn't want to see him naked!

I held out my hand and felt around me until my hand connected with Alex's shoulder. I don't think he acknowledged the fact that I touched him because he just continued to glare straight ahead. He was really concentrated on the conversation happening in his brain. It was so uncomfortable looking at him naked that I decided to dress him. I put the neck hole of the shirt over his head, picked up his arms and did the same thing. I avoided his, uh, area the whole time I picked up his legs to put on his shorts. His legs were so hard to pick up and I couldn't believe how hard it was with my muscles. I smoothed his shirt down and sighed.

Ahh, much better. After Alex was out of the conversation, he looked sad. I grabbed his hand and led him inside, seating him on the sofa. I sat next to him but not as close as I wanted to.

"Were you talking to your father?" I asked him.

"I tried to but he blocked me. I-I tried to break through but I couldn't." He then looked down at his outfit and then looked at me, raising one of his eyebrows.

"What?" I asked innocently. "I felt uncomfortable!" I blushed again, just thinking about it.

Alex tried not to laugh but he did anyways.

It got quiet again. I decided to turn on the TV and put something on Netflix. "What are you doing?" Alex asked as he watched me scroll through the movies and shows.

"Eating." I answered sarcastically. "What does it look like I'm doing? Jesus." I smirked when he glared at me.

"You're so funny. I was obviously asking why are you doing what your doing."

"I don't know, I'm trying not to think about today. We need a distraction until we get some answers." I said as I clicked on the last episode of, Friends that my mom was watching. 

Alex furrowed his eyebrows and leaned into the sofa. "Hey, I never thanked you for staying behind and, uh, I don't know being here?" I decided Alex deserved a thank you.

What's funny is how connected we are and everything around us and how so many of our questions weren't answered and despite everything on our minds, we just laughed at Ross and how someone ate his sandwich.

I know we should talk about it. Have a heart to heart but I was tired of feeling the way I felt. For once, I wanted to sit down, watch TV with the guy I liked and not think about how my life has gotten even more complicated.

I guess I should say how our lives have gotten complicated.

Whether Alex admits it or not, there is something between us. I snuggled closer to him. He didn't move and instead relaxed when my head hit his shoulder. His cheek touched the top of my head and I blushed. I was touching him and practically hugging him and he didn't push me away or leave. I couldn't help but smile. If he is my mate, I definitely wouldn't mind.

Soon, I drifted off into a peaceful sleep.