Chapter 11: a rude awakening? or a second chance

I woke up to sounds of beeps and seeing a bunch of people's faces above me. I reached my hand out and felt around to see if i was anywhere that was familiar. 

'Of course I'm in the hospital' I thought to myself. 

"shhh... She's finally awake". 

I looked back up and recognized one of the faces... My mom.

"why would you swallow those pills like that baby?". 

Tears started automatically falling out of my eyes. No matter what,  my mom was always by my side.  Then the night before came rushing back to me.  The baby!

I sat up and attempted to get out of bed, "is the baby ok!?"

My mom layed me back down.  

"they haven't told us anything yet,  they're still running tests that's why you have to chill out until then."

'OK OK OK, deep breath, my baby's fine, they have to be' I was saying to myself. 

I turned shifted the other way and just as I thought, aiden was there. I reached out and grabbed his hand and squeezed real tight. 

"aid I'm so sorry for giving you a scare like that. I jus.... "

Aiden put one of his hands on my face and smiled. " shhh, lets make a deal? You never do that again and I won't be mad at this. we all have our moments but this? you can't do again... OK? Promise."

I smiled right back "aid I promise I won't, I don't know what has come over me to do that.  Even though I've been through a lot, I still value my life..and now I have a baby.  I must've had a weak moment."

At that moment, the doctor came in with a questionable face. 

I didn't  know if she was about to give me good news or bad so I prepared for the worst. 
The doctor asked for everyone to clear the room which they did after giving me one more hopeful look.  

Once the room was cleared the doctor sighed and sat on the bed. 

"doc. If it's bad news just please no beating around the bush, just tell me straight. "

She laid her hand on my belly and smiled, "it's still so early in your pregnancy but your embryo is still in there. as far as we can tell the embryo is still Healthy. I would like to do a couple more things before you go to make sure you're on track with everything but once that's done, your good to go. Though, You will still have to-"

I jumped up and hugged the doctor tight "my baby is OK!? Thank God,  I was so scared but my baby is fine! Ahh! I will NEVER do something like that again".

The doctor smiled and hugged me back "I am glad to hear that. I also want to remind you that  you will have to get a checkup twice a month because with the amount of pills you took. honestly, its a miracle that your baby is well and breathing". 

"oh thank you doctor,  thank you so much.  I will definitely  make sure to get checked twice a month"
The doctor stood and signed some papers and handed them to me " here you are. make sure to check in with your nurse before you leave. most likely they would want to follow up with you and make sure your good to go" 

she headed towards the door but paused and looked back at me "go home and get some rest.  And please leave those pills alone unless you're using them for a headache.  Also always remember that when miracles like this happen,  it's God's way of giving you a rude awakening". 

I smiled, "yes your right and in my case a rude awakening.....and a second chance".