Chapter 2: scared straight

Seeing that note scared me..what if he gets out? What will I do? I fell to the floor and scurried to the corner and pulled my knees to my chest, shaking and crying. I can't believe this man can not stay out of my life. I just don't know what I did to deserve this. I just remember the good times me and chad had

Flashback:
In freschinis restaurant
I looked at chad across From me and smiled.
He looked up and looked at me confused, "what?"
"Nothing, just wanted to look at you"
He chuckled, " your weird"
He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers
"You know I hope to marry you one day" he trailed his finger on my ring finger "right on this beautiful finger will be the most beautiful ring"
I smiled and kissed his hand "that'll be the happiest day of my life".

Shaking my head to get the memory out I stared at the ring on my finger. Why did I still have this on? I ripped the ring off my finger and threw it in the toilet. He doesn't deserve to be in my head or on my finger. I hate him!! He's ruined my perfect life! He said he'd be there for me, that he'd protect me.
"You don't have to be scared, im here for you...always" his voice slithered in my head and I mentally shook him back out. He's a liar!
Right then there was a knock at the door, "babe are you ok?"
I cleared my voice and wiped my eyes
"Y-yeah I'm fine....I just uh fell I'm ok"
He cracked the door open and peaked inside..."are you sure-"
He rushed to me, "babe what happened? Why are you crying?"
He picked up the gold envelope "what's this?"
I couldn't stop the tears "I-it's from c-chad"
He thew his hands up " this prick! Babe I told you not to be afraid of him, he's a loser who just likes to beat up his wife! What kind of man beats his own wife? And now he's threatening you! Wait til I get my hands on him!"
"Well you have the opportunity right now"
I looked up and it was chad. He was pointing a gun at both of us.
" now what was that about beating me up?"