Chapter 3: hope

Derek got up and started walking towards chad slowly with his hands up. "Chad put the fucking gun down! Don't point that shit unless your ready to use it. I swear-"
"Shut the fuck up and sit down!" Chad yelled at Derek while pointing the gun at his head "I ain't scared to use this....I've done it before".
Derek slowly sat back down and chad came closer to me, wickedly smiling. "Hey honey, I'm hommmeee" he laughed "man, I've always wanted to do that".
Tears were slipping out my eyes and I quickly wiped them away " c-chad please just calm down and put the gun down".
He shook his head and chuckled "you know what's funny?" He looked at me as if he was waiting for me to answer.
I put my head down and sobbed.
"What's funny is you want me to calm down and not kill your stupid ass but did you calm down when they were hauling me away to prison?!! Did you calm down when we went to court?!! No! You didn't! You made sure you did everything to get me thrown in jail!"
"C-chad I had to.... You were scaring me, you were trying to kill me"
Chad chuckled "I wasn't gonna kill you, your my wife....rather you believe it or not...I still love you"
And I didn't want it to but in that moment my thoughts went back to our first argument.

In Panera bread..........
The waiter handed me the check
"Thankyou for dining with us, enjoy the rest of your day"
I smiled, Thankyou. You too!"
I looked at the check: $87.92 all together
I started to get out my money but chad stopped me.
"What are you doing?"
I looked at him confused "paying for our food"
He took the bill away from me "I'll be damned if I let you pay for this bill, it's not happening! I'm paying!"
"Chad I can pay for my own food"
"I know you can but i want to pay....it's the right thing to do. A man should never let the women pay"
I couldn't help but giggle "is that like a law?"
"Damn right it is!" He laughed,paused, and look up at me "was that our first fight?"
I leaned over the table to give him a kiss "it was"

"Huh?!"
I shook the memory and found Chad in my face looking like he was about to kiss me. I backed up against the wall.
"Woah! What're you doing?"
Chad came closer "I want you back babe, I promise I will get and stay on my medicine. I will never hit you again. Please babe, I love you". He held out his hand ready for me to take it.
Maybe it was the memories or just the strong feelings I had for this man that made me intertwine our fingers........

----------------------------------------------
Authors note: hey guys! Thanks for being awesome and reading, liking, commenting and adding my story to your reading lists. You guys make me want to keep writing this book so Thankyou! Love y'all and there will be an update soon!