chapter 10: the breakdown

I stared at the doctor for what seemed like days. Did she really just say, "Your pregnant" with a big smile on her face? Like how is that a happy thing?
"Ok...well thanks." I said as I grabbed my purse and started heading towards the door.
"Hold on ma'am, your gonna need to take prenatal vitamins...you want that baby to be as healthy as can be".
She handed me two big bottles of the vitamins and handed me a sheet with instructions on it. I just smiled and headed to my car.
As soon as I got inside my car I started crying.
Why! Pregnant? With chad's baby? Oh no I have to move!
I wiped the tears from my face and grabbed my phone. I thought about dialing aid' s number but didn't have a choice cause he ended up calling me.
I picked up,"hello?"
"Hey babe, how'd it go?"
I sniffled, "i-I'm pregnant aid! Like what am I supposed to do? I don't wanna be anywhere near chad when I have this baby...aid you have to help me".
"Love, everything is going to be alright. We will figure something out but your not going back...not even for your stuff, I'll go get it".
"Where am I going to sleep tonight then?" I sobbed
"Wtf do you mean....your coming to my house and sleeping here until we can get you out of town".
I shook my head even though I knew he couldn't see me.
"Aid, I don't want this to become your problem....ill figure something out. Plus chad knows where you live remember?". I automatically started crying again at the thought of chad hurting Aiden or my baby. I didn't care if he hurt me but my brother?...my baby?...hell No.
"Babe, we'll figure it out but for now your coming over here and that's final!".
"Fine. I'm on my way" I hung up and started driving towards aiden's house. Pulling into his driveway scared me, I was always scared that chad had a camera on me...watching me.
As soon as I turned my car off, aiden ran outside and towards me.
He gave me a weary smile and shrugged  "You being pregnant should be a happy thing..."
I half laughed because he was right, I was having a baby and.... I was sad.
He helped me out the car and into the house. His wife came up to me and hugged me tight.
"Aww sweetie I'm so happy for you".
"Thankyou" I said with a smile I had to force.
"Your probably tired, get some rest". She said with a geniune smile.
When she said that, I noticed how weary I was and went up the stairs to the guest room. I laid on the bed and thoughts ran into my head.
Pregnant! this baby didn't deserve to come in this horrible world....she or he deserves better than to be on the run all her or his life....or to have a daddy like chad...why do I always ruin lives?...
By the time I stopped my thoughts I found myself in the bathtub with a pill bottle in my hand. All I could think was about the baby and how they derseve better when I opened the bottle and emptied it in my hand.
One by one I put them in my mouth and then rested my head against the tub.
I was going in and out of reality when I heard banging on the door.
"What're you doing in there...open the door".
Next thing I knew before I passed out was seeing Aiden rush towards me with tears in his eyes.