Chapter 11 - Married to a monster

Start from the beginning

Being dressed up like this is a dream, but marrying Siddharth is a nightmare. 

As I walk out of the changing room, I hear gasps of joy. My mother, who now has tears in her eyes rushes over to me and gives me a hug. 

"Awww, My beautiful little girl" She says squeezing me 

"Mum" I manage to let out

I wanna tell her teh truth. I want to tell her that I hate Siddharth. But the look on my mothers face stops me from doing so. Her face is lit with joy, and her abundant smile brings tears into my eyes. It has been ages since I have seen my mother this happy. 

"I am so proud of you. You are so brave, Nisha. You are doing the right thing even when it's hard. I'm so thankful to be blessed with a dear daughter like you"  Mum says hugging my once more

I give her one last hug before I am told to go to the altar, where I'd meet Siddharth. 

As I walk towards the altar, I am dumbstruck by all the eyes staring at me. Two of Siddharth's cousins walk me onto the altar next to Siddharth. He does not look up, instead his eyes are focused on the floor in front of us. Before I know it, the priest begins the ceremony. My heart is beating faster than the wheels of a speeding train. It is so loud I fear even Siddharth may hear.

'Calm down Nisha' I think to myself. 

As every minute passes, my fear increases. It was still not too late to leave, we are not yet officially husband and wife. I look up to find my parents, solemnly standing  at the side of the alter. They notice me looking at them, and yet do nothing. The tears begin forming in my eyes, in embarrassment I quickly wipe them before anybody sees. This is torture. 

Within moments, I see the priest hand over the wedding chain to Siddharth. I could now feel every single pound in my chest. I felt nauseous. 

As Siddharth takes the chain, his piercing eyes glare at me in anger. 

All our closest relatives surround us as they throw flower petals. With my head down, I feel Siddharth tie the chain around my neck.His hands are warm, yet his touch is sour. 

I am no longer Ms Anand. I am now Mrs. Siddharth.

I peer at the guests who are al standing up and cheering. If only I felt as happy as them. 

We are soon told to seek blessings from our parents and close relatives. Siddharth coldly walks beside me, without making eye contact. 

Aunt Aadhya and Uncle Samar first give us their blessings as we touch their feet. They then give Siddharth a kiss and a hug, and I hear them say how happy and proud they are of him. 

"Nisha, you are not just our daughter-in-law, but we'll treat you as if you are own own daughter" Uncle Samar and Aunt Aadhya say in delight

My parents then give their blessings to us. Siddharth heartlessly watches as Esly runs over to me and gives me a big hug. My family  mean the world to me. They are the reason I said yes to this marriage. 

After we recieve blessings from other relatoves, getting photos taken, and so on, it is my time to say goodbye. In India, it is customary for a girl to move to her husbands house after marriage. 

My mum's eyes are filled with tears as I say my final goodbye. I have always known from a young age that I will shed tears on my wedding day. But those tears I imagined were tears of joy. Today I am crying out of sorrow. I am leaving behind all the happy memories and joys I have had with my family. I am entering a world with the monstrous  Siddharth. 

"Nisha, I'll try call you every day, okay. Don't worry" Mum explains wiping my tears. 

"Don't cry akki" Esly whispers tugging onto my lehenga 

"I'm sorry, I will just miss you all too much " I tell leaning down so I am her same height. 

Siddharth has his arms crossed and is impatiently standing beside me. 

"Will you hurry up" He whispers when my parents aren't looking

How can he expect me to hurry up. I am leaving my life and moving in with him. It feels like leaving heaven and going into hell. 

We soon get into the car, which is adorned in roses. 

I cry as I watch my family wave goodbye. They are crying but I can see joy in their eyes. I put on a fake smile for them, but in reality I am suffering. Siddharth is silent as he stares out the window. 

We soon reach a distance where I cannot see my parents anymore. I already miss them. 

"We'll board to fight to the states tomorrow morning" Siddharth reluctantly says with his head turned away from me. 

"W-What?" I gasp in shock

" Alia and I were going to move there straight after marriage " He growls finally looking at me

" But I never knew about this" I mumble 

His eyes are cold and stony. He clenches his fists and looks like all his anger is going to burst 

"WHY DID YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT IT?!? IT WAS ALIA WHO I WAS GOING TO GET MARRIED TO, NOT YOU" He yells 

The driver turns to look at us.

I do not know how to respond. Siddharth is so ignorant. How can he not understand that I did this for our family?

"It would've all been better if you never showed up" He scolds

" It isn't my fault. I don't like this either. " I shoot back 

"Don't so innocent. You did this on purpose. You broke us apart! Don't think that marrying me would make me like you. I WILL HATE YOU FOREVER" He says slamming his fists 

"Hmm, So the feelings as mutual " I say turning away from him

Hi Wattpadders! 

I hope you liked this chapter. I really appreciate your votes, but please try to comment as it helps me know your views on the story. 

Lots of Love 

xox 

The Story Of NishaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara