The Conversation PART 2(detective Silena the suspicious)

PERCY POV

As the mysterious somebody pulled me into the woods and when she let go, I tried really hard not to show my sadness and guilt.

"So Percy, you know I'm a daughter of Aphrodite right?" She asked.

I tried to keep my voice as normal as possible as I said, "Yes Silena, I know you are a daughter of Aphrodite."

"So as I was saying, I am a daughter of Aphrodite, which means I can smell love in the air" She said in weird squealy voice.

I knew where she was getting at, so I said, "You probably do because Jason and Piper are dating, Hazel and Frank are dating, and Leo loves a girl who isn't here right now." I couldn't possibly say that Leo loved Calypso...

"I know, I know, but I'm talking about you! Don't you like anybody, like, in that way?" She asked, raising her perfectly trimmed eyebrows. Trust a daughter of Aphrodite to bring up love in the middle of a crisis.

"No Silena, I don't like somebody," I said, making air quotations when I said the word 'like'.

And that was true, I did not like anyone. I loved someone. So yeah, clever points to Percy. And I really hoped she wouldn't be smart enough to ask if I loved somebody.

Turns out Silena was that smart. Wiggling her eyebrows, she asked, "So do you love somebody?" 

I mentally face-palmed. Then suddenly a tiny memory came back to me: 'HEY THERE UGLY! LOOKING FOR MR. NOBODY?'

Once again, giving myself clever points, said, "No Silena, stop asking so many questions, I love Nobody" This wasn't a lie either.

Silena still didn't believe me, "Swear it. Swear it on the River Styx" she said, unsatisfied.

"Fine. I, Percy Jackson, swear on the River Styx that I love Nobody," I said rolling my eyes, as thunder rumbled in the background. Dramatic much?

Silena looked surprised as though she had expected me to confess that I was lying and just tell her whom I loved. Technically I had. She kept staring at me with narrowed eyes until we heard a laugh from behind a bush, we turned around to look and saw Leo, laughing himself to death on the floor. Piper was also there, her face red with rage and embarrassment. In fact, little Annabeth was also there hiding her face. 

We looked around to see if anyone was there, and sure enough, we saw Jason, Hazel, Frank and Little Percy behind another clump of bushes. Great. Blue's Clues 101.

They all walked over to where we were standing and I realised something, "Where's Annabeth?" I asked.

"Right here," A voice said.

"No, I meant like the 17-year-old one," I rephrased.

"Yes Seaweed Brain, I am right here," The voice said again and as I turned, I saw my  Annabeth walking up from behind a tree. As she came closer, I noticed a tinge of sadness in her eyes. I was about to ask her why when the ever so suspicious Silena asked:

"What was Leo laughing about?" 

And like we had rehearsed for this, all of us(excluding Silena, P Percy, and P Annabeth) said, "Inside joke" and started laughing, leaving the others confused.

As the others continued laughing, I whispered in Annabeth's ear, "You okay Wise Girl?" Somehow, SOMEHOW, somehow, somehow, Silena heard us.

"AHA! Annabeth, you called Percy 'Seaweed Brain' before and Percy, you just called Annabeth 'Wise Girl' and when you whispered something in her ear, you went unnaturally close and Annabeth subconsciously leaned in!" She exclaimed triumphantly. 

She wasn't done though, "When all of you said inside joke, I realized that you were talking about Annabeth since I suspected it anyway. Her cap could easily make her invisible and make it seem as if she was a random voice in mid-air! Anyone who didn't know she owned such a cap would be freaked out and think that 'nobody' was around." She said, taking a deep breath.

I knew Silena was smart, I just never realized exactly how smart she was until then. Throughout Silena's little dramatic speech, little Annabeth and I were starting to get really confused.

P me, I most sorrily say so, looked way more confused that P Annabeth. Whereas P Annabeth had her jaw dropped to the ground and her eyes popping out. She turned to see P me's expression and seeing his expression quickly gave him a brief summary. Within seconds, P me's expression mirrored her's.

I took this as an opportunity, "Now that you guys know the truth, I need to talk to Annabeth about something. The other's will take care of this...um...issue, And please, no spying" I said, saying the last bit very pointedly.

I then slung an arm around Annabeth and took her a bit far from where they were standing. I could practically feel P me and P Annabeth's shock.

Once we were, like 15 yards away, which was far enough so they couldn't hear us, but still close enough so they could see us, I turned to my girlfriend.

"Okay Wise Girl, tell me what happened with Luke," I said.

So maybe it wasn't as funny as I hoped it would be. But it was still good, right? Right?