Chapter 13 - O'khasis Hell

Tomorrow is going to be a long day, I can only imagine..~

~~~~~~

That darn alarm blared in my ears as the sun burned my closed eyes. I shut them tighter, hoping to get just a few more seconds of freedom. Guess my father had other plans. He pounded on the door, yelling at me to shut it off, so I did and slipped out of my comfy bed, onto the cold spruce floor.

"God, what a way to wake..." I yawned and stretched, letting some joints pop.

Once that was done, I put on my uniform and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was a mess. Groaning, I picked up my hairbrush and tried to maintain my disastrous mane.

I mean, once that was finished, I got excited because I finally remembered what today was. 'A day transfer to O'khasis.'

My door busted open as I ran down the stairs, scooping up my bag and running out the door.

"See ya!" I snorted.

~~~~~~

The halls felt fuller than usual as I was making my way (Downtown, walking fast- Sorry) through them. A sigh escaped me as I finally got into the office. Nicole was already sitting there so I took the seat beside her. I talked to her for a bit until the rest of us came and the principal's door opened in front of us.

"A'ight students! Your replacements are here and so are your guides, find yours and leave to the bus out front." Mr.Chad opened the door wider as twice as many students as us, slipped out.

I looked for the one that was on the pamphlet and after some time I found him.

"Hey, you're Mei, right?" He only nodded and started walking out the door. I decided to catch up to him instead of complaining to him.

The bus was left in an awkward silence as we rode to O'khasis. None of the guides decided to speak to us, ya know like they're probably supposed to.

Anyways, we did eventually get there and boy... It didn't look the prettiest. The school was dark and looked like a castle. It had dead plants and what not out front, not helping the atmosphere.

The bus lurched as we stopped and everyone stood up, walking down and out of the bus. We all clumped together into 3 separate groups before heading off to the school.

"So..." Jeff walked ahead of us, "What are we doing today?"

This big, gruff guy who happened to be Nicole's guide, replied. "Tours and all that."

With a small 'okay', we continued in silence. A few classes could be seen but they all had their heads down, noses stuck in books or writing in binders.

I mean, after this was done, we did go to class so it wasn't too bad.

  ~~~~~~  

Forget what I said. This school was even more hellish than Drop High. Everyone was so snobby or just downright rude.

Huffing, I threw myself into the bus seat.

"I don't know if that was worth it.." Vylad sighed as he sat beside me.

I shook my head and hit my head against the seat in front of me, choking from the backpack on my lap.

"Vylad?" I peered over at him through one eye. "Is there any way I could stay at your place for tonight? I don't wanna go home really."

He gave me a smile and nodded, petting my hair. "Sure, (Y/n). Anytime."

  ~~~~~~  

'This is better than being at home.'

I looked over at the three brothers who all looked tired. 'Mrs. Romeave makes a mean chicken. Damn.'

Groaning as I got up, I travelled upstairs to Vylad's room, flopping onto his bed.

  ~~~~~~    

"Time to sleep."