Chapter 7: Aussie Battler

Comenzar desde el principio

It was just like coding. Learn the patterns, mimic them. Predict your opponent's next move.

She steadied herself, trying to slow her rapid breathing. Shit. Shit. Shit.

Tracer. She couldn't beat Tracer!

Unless...

Unless she could.

Winston lifted his head in a nod.

And brought it down.

Instantly, Tracer Blinked. Isabell whipped out her Nunchucks and whipped both sets down either side of her body, absorbing the blue bullets that had - out of nowhere - come from her left, and then Tracer was on her right.

She could feel the surprise from Overwatch that she'd even lasted that long.

Her blue circlets started to glow brighter already - those plasma bullets gave her a lot more energy than ordinary bullets did.

Maybe she could do this.

Bull.

She would do this.

She'd categorized her abilities into four, including her Ultimate. She had her basic nunchuck wielding - hitting anything that got in her way. Then she had her deflection, when she absorbed power from projectiles. Then she had her Kinetic Energy Beam (she'd think up a cool name later) when she released the kinetic energy into a concentrated beam, and then her Ultimate, the Radiation Explosion.

Tracer had four similar categories - her pistols, her Blink, her Recall and her Pulse Bomb.

Blink.

Blink and you'd miss her.

She Blinked left. Isabell whirred her nunchucks to keep the bullets at bay.

She Blinked in front of her. Isabell had to cartwheel to escape the bullets.

She Blinked above her. Isabell swung too late, and a blue bullet whizzed too close, grazing her shoulder and sending blinding pain through her.

She gritted her teeth. Not just against the pain.

But the electric blue underneath her skin, now shown pulsing from the plasma burn.

There. There was her radiation poisoning.

Winston stared in silence.

Mercy put a hand to her mouth.

Snowball huddled closer to Mei.

Tracer Blinked right. "Try catch me!"

Isabell glanced for just a second at Winston.

He was staring.

She had a pattern. Tracer had a pattern. That was how Doomfist had got her last time. Old habits die hard, they say.

She just had to wait for the perfect moment.

"Come on, love!" Tracer grinned, Blinking to her right. "You can do better than that!"

That was when she Blinked to Isabell's left.

And when she got both pairs of nunchucks in the gut, right below her Accelerator.

She Blinked before Isabell could ever register that she'd connected, on the other side of the arena. She stared at the rips across the fabric from the spikes on the nunchucks, and the glowing blue now pulsing around Isabell like a halo.

Isabell grinned, swung a pair around her shoulder, and tapped her goggles.

Once she'd recovered from being winded - in a split second - she nodded to Isabell with a smile, giving her a two-fingered salute.