Part 1: Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

"Why don't you want to be alone with Scorpius?" Draco asked quietly.

"What? That's ridiculous--"

"Hermione."

She still had her arms crossed but he could see the tears in her eyes, threatening to fall. "I don't know! Every time I look at him I feel like crying and then he starts to cry and...I can't sleep, I can't eat and..." Her voice caught in her throat as she started to sob. "I don't feel like he's my baby." She gasped and covered her mouth before unleashing another wave of tears. "I can't believe I just said that! I'm a horrible mother! Draco, I, I--"

Draco wrapped his arms around her as best he could in the car and tried to comfort her. "Hermione, love breathe. It'll be okay--"

She pushed him away from her and screamed in frustration, catching Draco very off guard. "You don't get to tell me it'll be okay! You don't have issues with him; he loves you! He cries when you leave the room, did you know that? Every single time!"

Draco shook his head as she glared at him. "Would you like me to take some time off of work so I can help you?"

She laughed mirthlessly before her expression turned somber again. "How would that help?"

Draco got out of the car and walked around to her side, opening the door and kneeling in front of her. "What can I do to make it better love? Tell me what you want me to do. I'll do anything to make it better."

Her eyes were vacant of any emotion as she stood abruptly, almost knocking Draco over in the process. "That's just it. I don't think there's anything you can do." She walked past him and into the house leaving a thoroughly bewildered Draco in the driveway.

********************

Draco came into the house a few minutes after Hermione and saw her laying on the couch in the drawing room with her head in Ginny's lap. He started to walk into the room but Ginny shook her head and gestured toward the staircase. He sighed and trudged up the stairs stopping in the nursery. He was surprised to see Jean sitting in the rocker with Scorpius.

"Hello Mother Granger."

She looked up and smiled at her son-in-law. "Hi Draco. Do you want him?"

Draco nodded and took Scorpius from her, taking a seat on the ottoman in the corner. Scorpius squirmed in his father's arms before settling back into sleep.

"You're really good with him," Jean observed, as she walked around the room cleaning up.

"Thank you," He was quiet, pondering whether or not to proceed with his question. "Mother Granger?"

She stopped what she was doing and looked over at him. "Yes, dear?"

"What can I do? About Hermione, I mean. I want to make it better but...I don't know how."

Jean gave him a sad smile before sitting back down in the rocker. "I'm sorry to say there isn't really anything you can do."

They sat in silence for a moment before Jean spoke again. "I had the same problem after I had her. I was miserable for weeks; I felt like I couldn't do anything right and Mathias' mother made everything worse. She would come over and insult me endlessly. Of course, he never knew because I chose not to tell him. I was afraid he would think I was a disappointment as well. So, I suffered in silence. Eventually, I went to a psychologist and worked through it."

She looked out the window and rocked back and forth quietly. "Hermione has already told you what's wrong." She turned her gaze back to Draco. "That's the first step."

Draco was pensive. "Thank you, for sharing that with me. I do have to ask though; What's a psychologist?"

********************

Later that evening when Draco returned home from work for the second time that day, Jean was waiting for him in the drawing room. She was pacing back and forth nervously, greatly reminding Draco of Hermione when she was anxious. Her eyes snapped up when she heard him in the fireplace.

"Draco! I tried to stop her, I really did," she was speaking frantically.

"Tried to stop what? What's going on?"

"Hermione's gone."

Draco felt as if all the air had been sucked out of the room. "Gone? What do you mean gone?"

Jean had tears in her eyes. "She came into the room I've been staying in, handed me Scorpius and said she had to leave. That she couldn't do it anymore. Before I could stop her, she had disappeared into thin air."

"She apparated?! Oh no, oh no. Mother Granger can you stay with Scorpius? I have to find her; She could have hurt herself!" 

Jean was nodding as Draco headed back to the fireplace, grabbing a handful of floo powder. "I'll find her. I promise. Potter Residence, Godric's Hollow!"

A/N Hello and welcome to the sequel! I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter! I know it's a little heavy but postpartum depression is real and I wanted to touch on that a bit. Please vote, comment and share :)