23

Cardi

I felt a pool of blood seeping into my clothes and I suddenly felt a big weight on top of me. I opened my eyes and saw DJ's dead body on top of me. I screamed and used all my strength to push his body off of mine.

I crawled back not even being able to stand up. I laid in fetal position in tears. I felt a big pair of arms on me and I twitched my body but by the smell, I could tell it was August, which calmed me down.

"Shh. Don't cry baybeh. I'm hea'." He sat me up and rested my head against his chest. "He was going to kill me." I sobbed. He swayed us side to side as he shh'd me. I tried to catch my breath but the way my heart was beating, I couldn't control myself.

We sat in that position to close to fifteen minutes. After finally being able to bring myself back, I stood up. "What are we going to do with the body?" I asked August.

"I'm gon' get somebody to clean it up, but until den' you ca' stay wit' me." He replied getting up as well. I nodded my head, "Okay. I'm going to quickly pack an overnight bag." I told him before leaving the room.

Making sure that I had everything ready to go, August made a few calls before we left the apartment and drove over to his. When we arrived, I sat my bag on the couch. "I'm gonna be right back." August said before disappearing somewhere into one of the rooms.

I grabbed the remote and turned on the television to take my mind off things for a few second.

"The body of twenty year old Nikki Mudarris was found dead in an abandoned warehouse, and I'm just now getting word that there is another body founded that appears to be a male who is yet to be identified. If you know anything about this please call crime stoppers." The news coordinator reported. There was a picture of Nikki on the top right of the screen and a video of her mourning parents crying.

"She was an amazing child. She would never hurt a soul, so I don't know who could have done this." The mother cried. She looked into the screen, "If you know anything, please. I'm begging you, I want to live in peace knowing that the murderer is in jail." She told before it turned over to commercial.

Even when I tried to turn to the television to escape my horrible life, it seems to come back every which way and it sucked. I wanted to cry my life away, but I kept my composure and continue to face whatever came my way. I stood up and walked over to the kitchen to grab something to eat.

There was a bowl of grapes, after I rinsed it. I picked at the grapes and ate the ones that didn't look nasty. "Cardi!" August yelled from the rooms. I walked over to where he was, and he was in the bathroom.

 I walked over to where he was, and he was in the bathroom

I gasped and covered my mouth in complete shock. I looked over at him not knowing what to do. He held onto my hand leading me over to the tub. I stood taking in the scenery; roses on the edge of the tub, cold champagne sitting next to champagne flute stem glass. The sound of the warm tub running that was filled bubbles and slices of rose petals on the tub.