Give 'Em Hell Kid

Depuis le début

She just smiled and tangled her fingers within mine.

"Let's get back to the others, I gotta help mom pack up" I sighed, I didn't want to leave.

"I'll help too" Alice smiled again, this time a glisten shone in her eye. We both got up and walked holding hands back to the others.

When we got back, Joey and Max were there. I didn't even want to speak to them. This time Alice and I didn't let go of holding hands until we were needed to help pack things away. We didn't have to hide anymore. Everybody was silent as we all packed away our pillows, blankets and bags into the cars. We all then got in the cars as mom and dad took down the gazbo. The Becker's parents had come to pick them up, so I said bye to Cade and Cole, Alice said goodbye to all of them. I didn't want to hold a grudge against Max, but he had really pissed me off. In the car journey home, Alice sat in the middle of me and Joey. She held on to my hand tightly as the only sound in the car was the quiet radio singing out whatever crap has recently been released. We eventually reached home and we all silently carried the things from the car indoors. Alice and I walked up to my room when we had finished helping. I closed the door behind me when we were both in. Alice was laid down on my bed so I joined her.

"I'm sorry Jakob" Alice said shyly.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked confused and concerned.

"I've ruined everything, I've made it awkward for you and your own family" she sighed.

"You haven't Alice, it's always like this after an argument. Come here sweetie" I pulled her close to me as she buried her head into my chest. I kissed the top of her head and whispered into her hair, "it's all going to be okay sweetie, everything takes time"

We laid like that for a while until I realised it was around 10:30am.

"We best get you home" I sighed at the thought of having to not be by Alice's side.

"Yeah.. I'll walk"

"It's fine, mom will give you a lift" I smiled.

"Are you sure?" Alice asking trying to reassure herself.

"I'm sure, let's grab your stuff" and off we went to her room to grab her bag. I didn't want to say goodbye, but I mean, I'm seeing her tomorrow right? We walked downstairs holding hands, mom already waiting in the corridor for us.

"Jakob I want you to stay here" mom said sternly when I was about to walk out of the front door.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Billie wants to talk to you"

Well fuck. This won't be fun.

"Okay" I blankly replied. I hugged Alice goodbye and gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

"I'll see you tomorrow then, text me" I smiled waving at Alice as she walked to my moms car.

"Yeah, I will!" She replied happily, whilst hopping in my moms car. Soon enough she was out of view. I pulled out my phone to text her.

To: Alice <3

'I forgot to say, I love you x'

A minute later, I got a reply.

'I love you more :p x'

That one text made me grin like an idiot. I didn't think anything would ever make me happy like she did.

Alice's POV

"Is everything okay with Jakob?" Adrienne questioned as we sat in the car.

"Him and Joey have fallen out..." I said, gulping slightly.