Camping

Jakob's POV

We were in the car and dad was playing Dookie, seems weird he was playing his own album, however he is so proud of it, we all are, that we don't mind. I was sat next to Alice, with Joey the other side of me, dad was driving and mom was sat next to him.

"So you guys gonna surf later?" Mom asked us all.

"Yeah" Joey and I both replied.

"I'm gonna teach Alice how to surf" I said grinning at her.

"That'll be nice, the others are meeting us there in half an hour, so I'd get out there straight away" mom said wisely.

"We're gonna show you the best spots to surf!" Joey said smiling at Alice.

"I'm looking forward too it!" Alice enthusiastically replied.

We eventually arrived at the beach after a 10 minute drive, which mainly consisted of Joey and myself making Alice laugh by saying stupid chat up lines such as 'are your legs aching? because you've been running through my mind all night' and 'are you religious? because you're the answer to all my prayers'. It was funny how bad our pick up lines were, I don't even know how we got onto them, me and Joey just kind of say bad ones if we think of them and it leads to a whole conversation of them. When we got to the beach, me, dad and Joey grabbed our surfboards from the beach hut and mom's one for Alice to use whilst they got into their swimming stuff. Mom wasn't surfing tonight but she said she was swimming. We walked back over to them and I noticed Alice in a bikini top and shorts. Wow was all I could think.

"You look nice" I said whilst putting the surfboard down.

"Thanks" she said shyly putting her hand over her stomach. I took off my top leaving me in just my swimming trunks.

"So do you" Alice suddenly said.

"Thanks" I said sticking my tongue out at her. "You can take this one"

"Okay" Alice replied, picking up the surfboard I pointed too.

"Mom, we'll be back in a bit, when Cade gets here, tell him I won't be long!" We waved bye to everyone and headed towards the sea.

"The beaches are so beautiful here" Alice said whilst admiring the view.

"Yeah, great for surfing"

"I'm gonna fail so badly"

"You won't, you've got me right next to you to help you!"

"Thanks Jake" she smiled sweetly at me, I put my arm around her waist and hugged her from the side. We walked like this until we reached the water.

"Right, we're gonna walk in until the water is up to your knees okay?" I said as I moved my arm from her waist.

"Okay" Alice nodded.

"Right, put your board down and sit on it" I informed her. So she did.

"I'm going to bring you up to just above my knee height in the water, just sit there and I'll pull your surfboard along"

"Okey dokey" she said cutely.

"Okay we're at about the right height, I'm gonna stand on my board, then help you stand up on yours okay?"

"Uhh okay"

"Don't sound so unsure, remember, I'm here to help you!" I kept reassuring her as I stood up on my board. She got on her knees on her board then grabbed my hands shakily as I helped her up to gain her balance. I moved my surfboard close to hers, so they were touching, she kept a tight hold of my arms.