The Armstrong's House

Jakob's POV

I've spent most of the day with Alice, she's really cool and she appreciates me, not for my dad, which is rare these days. Yeah she is a big fan of Green Day and Emily's Army, but she has hardly mentioned him unlike my friends do. To be honest, I feel like Alice is my only real friend and I've only known her for like, half a day! We've spoken about so much though, I feel so comfortable around her, I wouldn't usually want to meet new people who like my dad's band, let alone dressed like him but she rocked the outfit. Alice was really nice cute, funny, just amazing in general. I don't think I like, fancy her? Do I? I just think she's awesome! My mum likes her already, so I can't wait to introduce her to the rest of my family. I showed her around the house, she absolutely loved the music room! We were in my room, both laughing and singing and enjoying ourselves. We both sat on my bed, out of breath from laughter, then it happened. Our eyes met. Her eyes were a beautiful, pale blue colour. We just stared into each other eyes for a few seconds, for some reason, the urge to kiss her overcame me. Then, the moment was ruined. Dad knocked on the door.

"Hey Jake! Who's your friend?" Alice and I suddenly snapped out of trance and faced my dad.

"Dad this is Alice, Alice this is dad"

"Hello Mr Armstrong" she said politely, she smiled at him, her smile was cute.

"Please, call me Billie! Nice to meet you Alice, I like your top by the way"

"Thanks" she said shyly, forgetting she had a top that my dad use to have on.

"Urh Dad, do you mind if we go in the music room for a bit?"

"Of course not! Just don't touch blue"

"Yeah yeah we know the rules"

"Well have fun"

Dad stood back from the door, I lead Alice out of my room towards the music room. I text him and told him to wait outside. Alice and I sat down at the piano.

"I'll sing it with you, just play it, pleaaaase!" I begged her to play it, it was beautiful.

"Okay... As long as you sing too"

"I promise" I rested my arm around her back to keep her re-assured, I left the music room door open slightly so dad could hear. She started to play Viva La Gloria and we both sang. At the end of the intro/piano section, dad ran in.

"Guys! You both sound great! Alice your voice is incredible! Jakob you sounded awesome! Form a duo!!" he seemed way over excited.

"Let's play some more songs!" Dad insisted on joining us, so dad and I played guitar and Alice on bass. We played 'I Wanna Be Sedated' by The Ramones and 'Rock The Casbah' by The Clash. Mom then called us for dinner.

Dad told Alice to head downstairs as he wanted to talk to me quickly, so she did.

"Uh dad what's up?"

"Is she your girlfriend?"

"No?!"

"She should be"

"Why?"

"She's nice, a great musician and she's cool. Definitely your type!"

"She joined our school today but I've been helping her around, she probably doesn't even like me like that!"

"She will, seriously though you guys looked so perfect together sat by the piano"

"uhh"

"Let's go get dinner, think about it though" so after a slightly awkward conversation with my dad, he got me thinking. Yknow what? Maybe I do fancy Alice. But it just seems too soon. Dad and I walked into the kitchen to see Alice kindly helping mom put out the plates and cutlery. Alice was so caring, as was my mom. They seemed to be getting on so well which was great! Maybe my mom and Alice's mom would be good friends too. The thought of that made smile.