Chapter 44

ZAYN'S P.O.V

After I finished, she sat there, crying and transfixed as I wrapped her cold body into a warm hug, which I knew would make her feel better but to my surprise, she shouted, loud enough to roar through the apartment and for the first time in ever, she pushed me away which was enough to prove that something was terribly wrong.  Something big was going on in her life that she was not willing to tell me but why?

I stood up and held her even more tightly, this time she was weak enough to give in. She didn't struggle, nor did she shout like before.

"Is everything okay?" Edward knocked at the door.

"Yes!" Was all i replied while holding her up.

"Is she okay? I heard that scream." Fuck. How am I supposed to assure that guy that she is okay? Even when she's not.

"Yeah yeah! she just saw a cockroach. You know how girls can be at such times right?" I so want him to leave before my hands smack him. I'm so not in a mood to answer any questions right now. He hummed and walked away.

All I need to know is what is going on with her. Fuck! She needed me all this time but I was fucking blinded in love and girl stuff. my subconscious remarked.

She spoke not a single word for next ten minutes.

"Za-ayn" She stuttered.

"Yes! I'm here love." I rubbed her back.

"Leave me alone." She demanded as she struggled out of my arms and walked towards the window.

"No! Wait? no way. What are you saying?" I cannot leave her alone, not now, not ever. She needs me just as much as I need her.

"I said go away. I want to be alone." She pulled the window pane open and sat quietly beside it.

"I'm not going." I sat right next to her as tears kept rolling down and down her cheeks. There was no way she was going to stop.

"Zayn you need to leave before I do something stupid that would more likely affect our bond." She warned me while I was trying to figure out what was happening and why. I ain't leaving. I ain't.

"I don't care what happens next, for in this moment you need me as much as I need to be here for you. I'm not going anywhere. Tell me what is going on?" I replied.

"Zayn? I-I don't have any strength to even argue with you and nor am I supposed to utter a single word about what's going on because it's not as important as you are. I don't ever wanna loose you, never. That's all I can say in the moment." She took a deep breath as I told myself that i couldn't feel  more horrible about the fact that things happen with her and I'm never there to help. I held her hands into mine.

"We're never falling apart. Not now, not ever. You'll never loose me. Nothing will happen to Zinnie." I spoke as her eyes widened at the word 'Zinnie' as she nodded. Louis once shipped our names and I had been wanting to use it since then.

"Can you please get me my sling from the room?" She asked and I nodded. I unlatched the door and walked to her room where Hazel and Edward were busy in books.

"Is she okay Zayn?" Hazel asked as I nodded with a fake smile. She is fucking not okay and this is killing me. Why ain't she telling me what's going on?  Firstly, this started on the Christmas eve, that was the first time she received such a parcel and since then, things have become weird, even between us. Secondly, I need to know what's going on as fast as possible. I walked back to the drawing room where she was constantly staring at the rose and the letter.

"Stop bothering yourself with it!" I told her as she took the sling and slipped the meds out. After gulping a few high dozed drugs of I dunno what, she finally fell asleep. I checked on Hazel until Edward left and then we talked for hours. I walked to the couch and laid myself down.