Chapter 2 - He's nothing but trouble

Damian's POV

Damn! That's not fair! Why did I have to go to school today? Dad should stop treating me like a child! I can decide myself, when I go to school or not! Mooki is sick again and I want to know what's wrong with him! Of course, he is sick! He always has something! Either he get's teased or laughed at or beaten, or he's sick again! And it's no surprise to find out why: His weak body explains it all by itself!

A tormented, painful moan makes me aware of the unwanted attention I'm getting from all the students present in the hallway in front of the lockers. This is one of those moments, when you wish for a hole to open in the ground for you to hide in, before you die from embarrassment.

"He's talking to himself", one guy whispered amused not far from me. I give him a warning look. Right away he lowers his head and quickly gets lost. I turn back to my locker and stare in it, as if I want to set my books on fire. At the same time, I can feel the glances of the other students burning on the back of my head, which fuels my raging anger.

I can't believe that I've just muttered in front of everybody like a madman? Sure I did! What else should I do while I'm thinking about Mooki? He makes do strange things! That's an understatement! He drives me completely crazy — no, he turns me into a walking joke, into a clown, like he is! Great, then we can keep each other company, because nobody else will be around us, besides Liam! Oh, this is really great! Fantastic! Thank you little brother — thank you very, very much! He's nothing but trouble, I swear!

My cheeks start to throb, and they get unbelievable hot. Without seeing it, I know that my head looks like a tomato with dark blue eyes. I'm so frustrated. With my free hand I stroke through my wild-styled, blue-black hair. With the other hand I throw my books into the locker as if they were to blame for everything negative I feel now. I grab the reading material for the next period, tuck them under my arm, slam the door shut, lock it and stamp down the hallway toward the main entrance to the school that's leading to the school yard.

I need a break — right away! And I don't care if I'm late for the next period! At the moment I'm not interested in the rubbish that McAliskey is talking about! I have other problems!

After shoving a guy rough out of my way, my classmates make room for me voluntarily. They know what would happen to them if they wouldn't do it on their own. All of them respect me, maybe there also a little scared of me, and not only the members of my pack, also the human students. I'm tall and strong, and they know they shouldn't mess with me.

Yes, move out of my way — or please don't and make my day! But you all know why you shouldn't get on my nerves!

"Maybe one of you can tell Mooki the reason why", I growled. Frightened by my second lack of self-control, I press my lips tightly together to make sure it doesn't happen again. Then I stamp faster towards the exit.

Mooki dares to annoy me because father has his back! Otherwise, I would pull his ass over his ears, I swear!

Again, one of my classmates has to be a lightning rod for the flash of anger generated by the storm of rage inside of me. The poor guy already took a step back, but he still gets a blow on his chest with my fist and is caught by two guys standing behind him.

I have to get out of here or I'll have to rearrange the teeth of a bloody hero, who looks at me strangely! No, that won't happen — by no means! I don't want to have to be send to the headmaster and afterwards to listen to a sermon from Dad! He annoys me enough about Mooki! Be kind to my Puppy, take care of him, be there for him ... blah blah blah! Do it yourself!