Chapter 5 - New life, new problems

Valentina's POV

Will I ever get used to being this girl? Well, I have no choice, I just have to.

I look at myself in the mirror, like I've done way too often since the magic in my blood has transformed me into a girl. Unfortunately I'm still seeing a stranger. In the past three months everything has changed, not only my appearance, also my personality. But it's my body that puzzles me at the moment. The boy I once was is now complete erased from my face. My eyes are bigger, my nose is smaller, my cheekbones are higher, my chin is narrower and my lips have turned into a pout. That I discovered changes in my face basically every day was not a particularly nice experience, but the changes below my neck were much more difficult to take and are now hard to bear. In the mean time I've got used to my breasts that have grown to a C-cup, even though they hinder me now and then. The changes between my legs are a different matter, and they still freak me out. I was never obsessed with my boy parts, but I liked them more than that what took its place and what I'm trying to ignore.

I like the bra and also the panties. Pink looks good on me.

My eyes wander from my purple and blue coloured hair, which I've put into a messy bun on top of my head, over my face with the light make up to my toes with the blue nail polish and back again.

At least I like my new curvy figure. If I were a heterosexual boy, I'm sure I would risk a second look. What a strange thought.

I have to smile. As my upwards wandering eyes stop reach the unknown region between my legs, my mood drops fast. The idea of a boy doing strange things with ... whatever is down there makes me blush and sigh. I immediately shoo these unpleasant thoughts out of my head, and I shrug my shoulders.

Why am I even thinking about that? I have other problems. At least the change is over, and I hardly had any pain. Now I can start my new life, I guess.

I look back at my sad face, which darkens in anger, and I murmur to myself: "You have no reason to look at me like that? I don't know you, but I wash you anyway! So be glad and grateful! Who would do that for a stranger?" The changes of my body and my mixed feeling about it are mirrored by the changes in my character. My old self has partly disappeared, and my new self is hardly known to me.

When did I have a chance to get to know you ... uh ... me ... uh ... my new self, after all I was imprisoned in my room for the last three months! I'm thankful that I was allowed to go to the bathroom alone! Either Mum was with me or Dad or Liam or my big brother! Thank god I'm a girl now, so I can at least get out of here every once in a while!

The relief that floods through me drowns my anger.

Now I'm free — well, almost. I can leave the house if someone plays my watchdog. So what? The main thing is that I'm not stuck here anymore. It's time to face the world! And I don't care what others think of me, I'm much more worried about what I think of myself.

After I turn to the side, I look at my behind that's being made an eye-catcher by the pink string thong.

Liam made a good choice when he bought me this lingerie on the Internet. I wonder why he's single. The girl, who will win his heart, will be very lucky. He is so caring — and he's good locking too. I can't even imagine what I would have done without him in the last few weeks — years — since I know him.

The thought that creeps into my mind makes me sigh.

Why can't Damian be so kind to me?

During the first few weeks of my exile his behaviour towards me had improved steadily. He helped me with the homework, and sometimes he cheered me up when I was down. It reminded me of our childhood, before puberty set in and ruined everything between us.