A painful walk down memory lane

EMILY'S POV:

I awoke to the smell of healing wounds that had my stomach rebelling against food. As my eyes slid open I could see my surroundings that looked just like a regular bedroom. The walls were a light green color with a couch along the wall and a few dresser drawers on the opposite wall. I tried to get up with a groan since my body was extremely sore. My wolf was just getting her senses back when someone spoke to us. "I see you are awake now. How are you feeling?" My eyes grew wide when they landed on a giant with black hair and hazel eyes. 

'Be careful. He is not the only one here. Take a deep breath and try to separate the scents to see how many.'  My wolf cautioned and she hasn't failed me in the past so I did as she said. Inhaling deeply my wolf and I were assaulted with multiple scents that put us both on edge seeing as how we could very well die here. 'They wouldn't have saved us if they were going to just kill us in the end. Let's just see what happens and if something gets too overwhelming for you let me take over. I will deal with the pain for you.'  I thought over what she had just said then, not being able to see what she meant I asked, 'What do you mean if it gets too overwhelming? What pain?'

She sighed as if she would have to explain something simple to a toddler. 'We are probably going to have to tell our story to our father. On top of him knowing the pack will eventually find out.' I didn't get a chance to answer her when the giant spoke up. "My name is Junior. What's yours?"  My eyes scanned over him looking for any signs of aggression but in stead only saw that he was relaxed and concerned. I sighed sliding under the blanket and morphed back into my human form. "Monster, Creature, Freak. Take your pick."

The look that crossed his face told me that he couldn't believe what just came out of my mouth. Luckily he didn't get a chance to say anything since the door burst open. Startled I took a defensive stance but quickly got reacquainted with the sheets as I hugged myself in pain. When I heard footsteps come near me, my body tensed and I growled in warning. My body remained tense until the footsteps stopped. 

"Junior has she said anything?" a deep rumbling voice asked. I looked up to see Junior nod to a man a couple of inches shorter than him. "Yes alpha. She said that we are to call her Monster, Creature or Freak. Whichever one of those three names are acceptable to her." As he started naming he gave me a look of pity and sorrow mixed with a little anger. And then it hit me Junior said alpha. My head snapped to see the shorter man look at me through narrowed eyes as if he were deep in thought. 

I couldn't take starring into the eyes that mirrored my own green ones. Fortunately the tense silence was broken when an elegant female entered the room with a chuckle. The alpha physically relaxed smiling at the woman standing beside him. While they were off in their own little world I took the chance to look them over. The alpha had dark brown hair wearing a simple t-shirt and dark blue jeans. The woman that had so much passion in her chocolate colored eyes that she could warm an igloo. Her hair was a light blond that sat on her shoulders wearing a pink sundress with spaghetti straps.

She must have felt me watching because her attention became focused on me. Pain and sadness flickered across her face until she launched at me wrapping me in her warm imbrace. It took only a moment before my pain became forgotten and I lost myself in all that had happened recently. What really surprised me was when I started to cry the alpha came and wrapped his arms around us both.

As the sobs died down I looked at the couple and at the moment my mind's filter was out to lunch so the question rolled off of my tongue. "Why are you being kind to me? I'm a monster. A useless..." My sentence was cut off by a slender finger from the woman. "You listen to me and listen well sweetie. You are not a monster and you certainly are not useless. You are a beautiful young lady who needs some love and affection." She smiled at me with such warmth that tears of joy welled up in my eyes. 

With a sigh she looked to her husband and nodded for him to take the lead. He turned his attention to me with a sad smile. "Well to answer your earlier question i'm your father and this is my mate Molly. Now I know this is sudden and you may not be up to it but we have to know. What has your life been like up until this point? How has your mother treated you these past sixteen years?" Molly grasped my hand when I started to hyperventilate. "It's ok sweetie. Take deep breaths." I looked into eyes and saw pure sympathy and understanding. 'Emily. Let me take over to tell them.' 

I gasped when my wolf said my true name giving her the perfect opportunity to take control. When my eyes started to glow blue the alpha and his mate stiffened.

EMILY'S WOLF POV:

 "It's ok. I mean you no harm. Emily needs some time to herself and truth be told she is in no condition to tell you anything about our past." As I spoke the alpha's jaw dropped then quickly composed himself. 

"So you are Emily's wolf. Are you able to tell us what happened to her? Tell us why she has so many scars and why her mother shot her?" The alpha's anger was rising so I had to think of some way to calm him enough to where he won't go storming out of here like a bat out of hell. "I am and I will tell you our story if you can remain calm and not fly off the handle towards vengeance just yet. Emily will need you. Both of you when I am done with our tale."

Both the alpha and his mate nod their heads and situate themselves across from me. Taking a deep breath I began our sorrowful tale. "I can't even remember when the abuse started but since we were very small our mother has taken her anger on what I am out on us. She didn't even call us by name it was always monster, freak or some other choice names she thrust upon us. Most of the time she would lock us in our room. Now our room is in the basement with only a twin mattress and a few sheets for bedding. Our clothes were just hand-me-down rags. She fed us when she felt like it and only when she had left overs. 

Which wasn't very often since she would always have strange men coming over to pleasure herself with. Most of the time she would get drunk and pass out. Then the real terror we have ever had to deal with would descend upon us. A man would come down and beat us until he got what he wanted. And let me tell you now it was not consensual sex, no it was rape. No matter how hard we fought he would just keep coming. 

Well after we had told that woman what had happend the first time she got a knife and had some of her friends hold me down. She carved us up like a turkey and every time she thought we would lie or act against her we would get more and more scars. Emily kept holding me back telling me that we would get out and we would go somewhere so I would be able to hunt and run in peace. I knew she needed me to be strong and calm for us both because she was so close to her breaking point.

Then all of a sudden the abuse stopped and her friends quit coming over. Which had us puzzled for a good long while. We went six weeks without physical abuse but the verbal and emotional abuse was at an all time high. On the day your wolf came to get us I had enough. She had told us a long time ago that you had died but then all of a sudden you weren't. We could have had a normal childhood if that selfish hell spawn would have just gave us to you. Especially since she clearly did not want a child.

We know that none of this is your fault and so we place no blame to you or yours. But we do need a home, a place to belong with a family who actually cares about us. And not just beat us senseless which I will tell you now that when we get to a state that we can defend ourselves no one will ever again lay a harmful hand to us and live to tell the tale. So the question that remains is will you be willing to allow us to know the warmth of a true family. To know what it means to be safe from harm and not to live in fear?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey ya'll  XD how are you guys liking it so far?

chapter four will be up soon

A mother's hatred and a father's loveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara