A time to connect

EMILY'S POV:

As I was dreaming I saw my wolf sit beside me on a log in the forest. We were nestled deep in the brush next to a little stream. 'Kody is our mate.'  I smiled at her when she had a guarded expression, "I kind of already guessed that by the way he makes us feel safe." She sighed dreamily, 'When he wants to mark and mate us... Are you going to be okay with it?' I knew instantly why she was asking that question.

I looked at the stream remembering the face of the man who forced me to lose one of the only things that I could actually call mine at the time. But, then I remembered the look on Kody's face when he held me close to him knowing that I could have killed him if I wished. He had such a loving expression that was nothing like that bastard's. "I think I would love to become one with him. He seems to care about us." 'Males feel the connection more strongly than the females. This is so that they are completely sure that the females are their true mates. But, also because the males are possessive and protective, along with their desire to please their mate." 

"So there really is no reason to deny him or ourselves the love that we both feel for each other. I think he can make us happy, but i'm worried that he won't except Tony as his pup." She nodded looking deep in thought. 'I believe that he will come to accept our new pup if he hasn't already. He did help us see reason when rage took us over. That slut would be in worse shape than that bitch who dared to raise a hand to harm him.' 

I nodded my agreement but didn't say anything more on that particular matter. Not only had my wolf been about to tear into that she-wolf's hide but I wouldn't have felt bad about her lose either. How can someone threaten a defenseless pup, a baby?! I sighed then turned back to her, "I think it's time for us to get up for the day." And with that the dream came to an end. My wolf has become a professional at speaking to me in my dreams while still allowing our body and minds the necessary rest.

My eyes slowly fluttered open to see Tony curled into Kody's chest who in turn had his arms wrapped around the little boy. They were both sleeping so soundly that I couldn't bring myself to wake them. With all of the stealth that I could muster silently slipped out of the plush king sized bed. I went to my room and had to stifle a laugh so that I wouldn't wake up the whole house at the sight. The door was non-existent other than a few splinters that still hung on the hinges. I walked in with a smile still on my face trying very hard not to laugh while I walked to the two oak doors that lead to my closet. 

'Our new room has only been ours for two days and we have managed to destroy the door.' My wolf and I were chuckling at the thought. I decided to put on a pair of blue jeans with a happy bunny t-shirt that read 'Crazy doesn't even begin to cover it'. The shirt seemed like it was made for me especially considering my newly discovered attitude these past few days. Since I was ready for the day I figured I would make breakfast for everyone. Wandering into the kitchen the question of what to make was buzzing in my mind. When I found the kitchen and ravaging the cabinets and refrigerator I saw that there was a ton of food of all varieties. Nodding my head in pleasure at the many choices that were laid out before me I got to work.

*Half an hour later*

During the time I was cooking like a mad woman pack members started to trickle in. Mostly the elderly and they were so ecstatic to see me working hard that they insisted on helping me which in turn helped me get done faster than I thought I would be. Altogether we had eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, french toast, many types of cereal, waffles, and some fruit salad. 

Smiling I turned to Molly who had been helping me and asked, "Where is everybody else at?" She laughed, "Well usually we have to ring the breakfast bell. We usually yell that breakfast is done. But most of the time John and I go door to door to wake them up." I had an evil smirk on my face, "Today why don't you let me get them up, seeing as how dad is still asleep also?" Molly and everyone within hearing distance burst out laughing nodding their heads.