Breaking the news

MOLLY'S POV:

I couldn't believe the words that came out of Emily's mouth. My own wolf was growling at the pain this poor pup has had to deal with in her short life. "Of course you have a home and family with us. You won't be going anywhere. Isn't that right John?" I turn to my mate, her father and alpha, to see a blank expression that he uses to mask his true feelings. By the look in his eyes he is at war with his wolf trying to control the rage he must be feeling. 

"Are you ok alpha?" Emily's wolf asked with a calm expression. His head snapped to look at her eyes glowing with his wolf. "You have had to deal with quite a bit haven't you my pup?" A smile spread across my face at the warmth in his eyes. "Mate. We need to tell the pack about her soon. She needs to be eased into pack life so it will be easier if everyone knows to give her space when she desires it."

My smile turned into a full blown grin. "Of course my love. However I think it will be best if we are both there to tell them. Especially since it looks like Emily can use some rest right now." Emily nodded her head then laid back on the bed and got comfortable. John nodded his head as well then stood "We will be back as soon as we can but until we return I am leaving Junior at his current post." When his eyes landed on Junior who was standing in the doorway Junior replied "As you wish alpha."

When we reached the hall just outside of the door I closed it gently. Turning to my mate I asked him, "Are you alright hunny?" His eyes just had a few specks of gold in them letting all know that his wolf was not far from the surface. "Yes love, I will be." He smiled turning to go into the living room.

JOHN'S POV:

I could barely control my wolf from going out to destroy the source of our pup's pain since I agreed with him that she should not have gone through something so outrageous. As Molly and I entered the room where our pack was waiting eagerly for any word on the wolf in the other room. "Alpha is that wolf a rouge? If she is she must be destroyed. Why have you put Junior as a guard on her?" Someone sneered. I turned to find none other than Kayla. She is about Emily's age with bleach blond hair and caramel colored eyes. Out of all of the young ones in our pack she is by far my least favorite.

I have had multiple complaints from the elderly pack members that she likes to as they put it 'share the secrets of her temple' with every available male. Molly sighed beside me but I could see the irritation behind it. "Kayla if I were you I would learn to keep my mouth closed." Of course Kayla couldn't just roll over and submit, "But, Luna we know nothing about her. What if she tries to steal all of our males to make her own pack?" I was just about to tell her what I thought about her concern for the males when my sweet mate did something no one saw coming.

"You know what Kayla? If you spent more time looking for your true mate and not with any willing or lonely male in the pack you wouldn't be so concerned with Emily. I can see how you see her as competition but please find your heart in that lust filled body of yours and BACK OFF!" Molly was through with Kayla not knowing her place. The look that came across her face was priceless as every pack member's jaw was on the floor including my own.

Molly just smiled at the room the looked directly at Kayla. "Anymore questions sweetie?" She asked darring her to speak her mind about Emily. Kayla opened her mouth like she was about to say something when a low threatening growl arose from me. Molly kissed my cheek then smiled saying, "I think i'm going to go sit with Emily." Then it was just me and the pack. I cleared my throat to get everyone's attention off of Kayla and on me.

I began by saying,"My friends, my family it is true that we have a very special guest with us. I had hoped to have more time to ease her into the pack but due to some outrageous comments on someone's part I see now that will not be an option. I will tell you all now why the child is with us but as of this moment I will not answer any questions until you hear the story I will tell you today. To start Emily is my daughter." There was a collection of gasps in the room. Once everything was quiet again I retold the story that Emily's wolf had told to me.

I was pleased to see that most of the pack was just as outraged as I was in the conditions the daughter of their alpha grew up in. My eyes landed on Kayla as she was trying to keep a blank expression on her face while her eyes were smiling. "You are all to treat her with respect and give her space if that is what she needs. Anyone can see that she has been through a lot in her young life and her wolf has informed me that such treatment will no longer be tolerated. Which I tend to agree with her. So if you decide to take it upon yourselves to put her in a place be warned that she won't go down without a fight considering she is tired of being pushed around. Though I will say that I won't allow anyone to kill her or be killed by her. You all know the rules of the pack. We are a family and families look out for each other and that is exactly what she needs right now."

As I let my eyes scan around the room a withered hand raised to catch my attention followed by an elderly woman who stood. "Alpha why don't you let us put together a barbecue to welcome her to the pack. It will also provide us the perfect opportunity to get to know the child." I couldn't have felt more pride with all of the nods I was getting from the whole pack. My attention went back to the Mrs. Rivers a smile threatening to split my face in half. Mrs. Rivers is two-hundred and ninety-six years old her back was straight as a steel rod and she had an air of dignity about her. Her silver hair was cut in a bob while her deep blue eyes held wisdom and knowledge in them. 

Werewolves live long lives as long as our mates are by our sides. Poor Mrs. Rivers' husband was killed a decade ago by hunters. Ever since then she has been ageing like any normal person without a mate which is only a little slower than humans. I was brought out of my memories by a sudden screeching noise that hurt all of our ears. It was over as soon as it started it was gone. As we all tried to get our barrings Junior walks out of the room where Molly and Emily were shaking his head. Most likely he was trying to regain his hearing.

Tension took over me as I started to ask what happened but Junior being Junior beat me to it. "Everything is alright alpha. The kid just had a nightmare and woke up screaming bloody murder. She calmed down once Luna cradled her in her arms and started singing to her." A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I nod to Junior to return to his post. I turn my attention back to Mrs. Rivers, "I think a barbecue will do wonders for everyone but why don't we do it tomorrow night. Just to give her today to rest." All heads bowed and I nodded heading to where my daughter and mate were.

The sight in front of me warmed my heart something fierce. It even had my wolf purring in joy and love for our mate and pup. Molly was cradleing Emily as if she were an infant that was having trouble sleeping and Emily had a peaceful expression on her face as she slept. The smile on Molly's face was one love and comfort to the pup in her arms. I can't help the nagging in the back of my mind wondering how Emily will take the news of the barbecue. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys xD

so let me know what you guys think? What do you think her reaction will be to the barbecue and what does Kayla have planned for our Emily? XD