I have to WHAT?!

EMILY'S POV:

Ever since my wolf put me in the dark to let me rest I have replayed every bit of abuse that my mother or her friends have dealt unto me. I remember screaming at some point but gentle arms and a soothing song chased those horrible dreams away leaving me in a blissful sleep. A pleasant dream took the place of the horrid nightmares. The dream was about me as a young pup being wrapped around two older wolves whose warmth was more comforting than any words. I nuzzled in closer to them burying myself in their fur.

There was a loud bang which threw me out of my dream and thrust into reality. My wolf put us off of the bed with our back against the wall in a defensive stance growling. Our nostrils flaring trying to find any danger that could be coming our way. A familiar gentle voice floated to my ears, "Shh. It's OK Emily. Someone just dropped a plate. There is nothing that can harm you here."

I looked over to see Molly sitting up in the bed with my father next to her blinking hard. Instantly my stance relaxed and I breathed a sigh of relief. Molly eased her way off the bed, "Are you OK sweetie?" I looked between her and the alpha then back. "I'm as fine as I can be all things considered." She smiled sweetly then looked to her mate with a weird expression that didn't last more than a second. With a mental shrug I walk up to Molly and hug her while she and the alpha were having a stare down. 

Molly returned my hug with interest, "Thank you for your help last night Molly." "Oh my dear. You have been through so much and now your father and I want to do anything we can to help you." In all of my sixteen years I have never cried tears of joy until this moment and I loved it. For some strange reason my wolf let me feel comforted by this woman whom I barely know. 'It is in her nature to be nurturing to others. We are safer with her than we could ever be. The alpha has a similar nature to his mate which is why you and I are able to let them into our heart. They are our pack now though it's not official just yet. You have nothing to fear from these two. And besides, they are giving us what we always dreamed of having. People who truly care about us. The wolves from your dream was actually you watching their wolves and I.' 

My wolf's words did comfort me as to why I would feel comfortable with them so quickly. More tears of joy flowed down my cheeks. "What's wrong Emily?" The man I know as my father had a look of concern on his face as he came to stand beside Molly and I. "It's just I never thought that I would that this would be possible. Daddy." I look of extreme joy engulfed his face before he attempted to suffocate me with his huge arms. At this point all three of us had tears streaming down our faces.

Molly was the one to come to my rescue once again, "John. I know you overjoyed that she acknowledged you as her dad but don't you think she needs some food before you kill her. You know like a last breakfast?" At her last sentence we broke apart and started to walk into the kitchen laughing like a bunch of hyenas instead of the wolves we are.

I was so distracted with my dad and Molly that I didn't notice that there were about fifteen people in the kitchen with us and they were all looking in our direction. Molly touched my shoulder, "Emily. You don't have to be scarred. John and I are here plus these people are part of your new pack. They wouldn't hurt you hun." I gave her a weak smile before I looked at the faces that seemed glued to my every movement. 

'it's OK. I won't let anything harm us ever again. Pack or not we will not be subjected to that ever again.'  I took a deep breath then let it out. "Hi. I'm Emily." "Your father has informed us of you dearie. What he didn't warn us about was you three sleeping until two o'clock." Giggled an elderly woman,"Oh dear me. My name is Crista Rivers. You my dear can call me granny if you would like."

I blushed for two reasons. One I didn't know how long I had been asleep and two was that someone actually wanted to be related to me even though they weren't. "You don't mind a monster calling you granny?" My mouth's filter had clocked out again when the words tumbled out of my mouth. Looks of total disbelief was on fourteen of the fifteen people's faces. The only one who didn't have that look was a girl about my age laughing like she had just got away with stealing a cookie.