Chapter 12

It had been a few hours until Max came out of his room.

He had grabbed a drink from the kitchen and went back to his room.

David was on the couch, watching a play on his computer. The play was called "Children's Hour."

It must have been good or heartbreaking because David was crying.

Daniel walked into the living room to grab his phone.

"Damn. What's wrong with you?" He asked, looking over at David.

David paused his computer and quickly began explaining.

"This play! This girl, I forgot her name, told a lie about these two ladies being partners. The ladies lives are ruined because everyone's homophobic and rude!" He frowned.

"And one of the girls likes the other one, and she admits it around the end! Then she says 'Good Night Darling' and she leaves the room and-" he hiccuped. "SHE SHOOTS HERSELF!" He started crying again.

"SHE JUST SHOOTS HERSELF AND THE OTHER LADY RUNS IN THE ROOM! AND ITS SO SAD!" He sobbed. His body was shaking pretty bad.

Daniel frowned. "It's a play."

"ITS STILL SAD!"

"..I guess." He took a seat beside David in the couch. After a few moments he awkwardly patted the ginger's shoulder.

"People are so mean! I wanted them to kiss and be happy and adopt a kid but she just shot herself and it's sad!" He sobbed and leaned his head on Daniels shoulder.

Daniel just kept awkwardly patting his shoulder.

"Uhm. It's okay..?" He shrugged.

David looked up at him. "Why can't there be one happy gay relationship! All I asked for was cute, happy ladies being in a happy relationship and instead I got the opposite." He frowned, wiping his face with his green t-shirt.

"I honestly did not expect you to be into theater stuff.

"Eh, I only really watch plays and stuff like that when I get bored." He shrugged.

"Oh."

~ ~ ~ ~
(that play was at competition today. My heart freaking broke. I cried and shook for about a few minutes and kept repeating "that was sad" and "I don't like this ending." Like the majority of everyone in the theater was heart broke. We talked to some of the people from it and they were all super cool! If you get the chance, go search up the play!)
~ ~ ~~

After two hours, David was back to normal. Daniel had found some silly, feel-good movie for them to watch.

"Do you think Max is okay? I forgot all about his whole anger thing this morning after that sad play." David spoke once the movie had finished playing.

"Probably." Daniel shrugged. "He might still be in a bitchy attitude though."

"Hey! His attitude isn't..that word. He's just a little grumpy today!" David defended the ten year old.

"Really?" Daniel raised a eyebrow at this. "The kids always being a brat."

"No he isn't!" David frowned. "Max has been through some serious things so it's normal for him to act the way he does!" He crossed his arms, ready to begin a long debate.

"Whatever." Daniel shrugged, leaning back into the couch and crossing his arms.

They both stayed like this for a few moments.

"I'm going to go check on him." David decided and got up from the couch.