Ch. 1-Confession (done Editing)

Kai's POV

Ugh, another day, another grueling training session from Sensei. "Just because there's no enemy to fight right now, doesn't mean there's not one waiting in the shadows! Evil doesn't sleep and neither shall you!" He spoke with confidence as he walked around our fighting stances. "Jay, you need to straighten your left leg. Cole, you need to lose the tension in your shoulders. Kai, You need to relax your arms, you're too stiff, and Zane, you're good keep that stance for 10 more minutes." We all (minus Zane, perfect nindroid bastard) groaned and fixed our stances as instructed.

I could hear Nya snickering at us from the bounty ledge that she was leaning on. I playfully glowered at her and rolled my eyes. And to think, she wanted to become a ninja at one point. She stopped laughing and gave a noticeable look around the deck. "Where's Lloyd? Shouldn't he be out here too?" She asked as she stood up straight. "He's still in bed, we decided to give him a break for a while." I said, trying not to lose my stance as Sensei gives me a longer look than the others. 

She raised a questioning eyebrow and gave me a scathing look. "He's the green ninja, as Sensei said, there's still evil to be fought. He should be out here getting ready for the next fight." She growled out in frustration. I glared at her and stood up straight after Sensei gave her an equally scathing glare. "Nya, the kid just lost his dad not even a year ago. Not to mention the other crap he's been through before then. He didn't ask to be the green ninja, Nya. He's still pretty much a kid." I argued. "He doesn't deserve half the shit he's been put through, let training me the last thing on his mind and let him rest." 

Before she could argue back, Sensei intervened. "Kai is right Nya, your fates were destined to happen, none of you had a choice in becoming ninja, Lloyd especially. Evil may not rest, but won't you help fight his battle so he can? One can only take so many hits before it's too much. Am I understood Ninja?" We all replied with a "yes sensei" as he nodded at us collectively.  "With that said, It's time for lunch, Zane you wouldn't mind making something quickly would you?" Zane nodded and smiled, "Of course Sensei." And walked off to the kitchen area, Jay not far behind.

"I'm gonna go check on Lloyd, make sure he gets up to eat something. I'll see you in the dinning room, Sensei doesn't look like he's done talking to y'all." Cole said as he squeezed my shoulder and smiled. I smiled back as the flutter in my stomach grew since we woke up this morning. Isn't spending the majority of your time with your crush the best?

Now it was just Nya, Sensei and I on the deck, this chat should be fun. "I want to know Nya, what gives you authority over my ninja?" Sensei asked as Nya became sheepish. "I guess I'm just used to bossing that one around that I do it for all of them. They're like my brothers, just as much as Kai is. I'm just trying to look out for them." She explained. Sensei nodded, "And I understand that, but you are a samurai, not a ninja. How, when, and why I train my ninja is my business entirely. If I want them to have a break, I will give them one. Kai, could you clear the deck and go check on Cole and Lloyd and make sure that boy lets the sun hit his already pale skin." And with that he was walking into the kitchen with the others.

As I started to clean up the deck, Nya hadn't moved from her spot. I looked over at her and tilted my head in confusion. "Is there something you needed dear sister of mine?" I asked as I continued to clean the deck. She looked conflicted, just standing and watching. "If you're just going to stand there, you could at least help me out." 

"Why didn't you back me up just then? You just let Sensei talk to me like that?" She asked, betrayal evident in her face. I gave her a look that said "are you dumb?" and answered her question. "As your older brother, it is my job to call you out on your bullshit and set the record straight. I can't have my little sister running around and defying every choice that's made. There's been a lot going on, we don't need to force each other do things we just aren't ready for." I replied.

Her gaze hardened into a cold glare. "Is that what this is? Okay, so are you just not ready to tell Cole how you have a big gay crush on him or am I too stand here and wait for him to reject you? Cause I can't ask him out til I know if he even swings in my direction, if you catch my drift." She taunted as I froze in shock. "Nya what-?" "Come on! Don't act like it's not obvious! I bet you really stood against me so you could try to make yourself look better in his eyes." She continued.

I just looked at her with bewilderment. "Since when did you have a crush on Cole? And How would you know if he would reject me??? Did he say so himself? And, by the way you literally haven't showed in guys, or girls, in your entire life. Why is Cole suddenly a trophy to be won?" I asked as I dropped the equipment into its crate. "Well, when we did that field trip with the students, before the overlord showed his digital face, there was this match making machine and I used it. It said Cole was my perfect match,  and as a women of science I want to test if that kind of tech is possible." She explained as I started to lose my temper. 

"So you want to potentially play with Cole's, who is a human being, feelings, in the name of science?" I asked after I took a deep breath, trying not to set the bounty on fire. "Not entirely, if the machine was right then bam! I'm with my perfect match." She started. " And if the machine was wrong, and you and Cole don't work out? What then?" "Then we break it off and you can have him." She said absentmindedly. I glared at her, hard.

"Cole is not a lab experiment! He is a living, breathing, feeling person! You can't just play with him like a toy and then through him out when your done! That's not how attraction works Nya! He deserves better than that." I exclaimed as I put the last of the equipment. " Oh so what? You're the only one who's aloud to be with him." "Whoever he wants to be with, is his business! I'm not saying I should be with him, I want to be, but at the end of the day it is up to how he feels about me. This conversation  is over Nya. I'm now going to check on him and Lloyd, I've left them waiting long enough." I finished.

"You sure did, what an interesting conversation to walk in on." Said Lloyd, leaning on the door way leading to our rooms, Cole standing tall behind him, a blush clearly taking up his entire face. "H-how much did y'all hear?" I asked giddiness panic seeping into my voice. "Most of it, my favorite part being Kai's crush on Cole." Replied Lloyd. Cole remained silent, nothing but fluster and shock behind those eyes.

Well, shit. That's one way to confess I guess.

Hello my little ciphers I've decided to right a lava shipping fanfic inspired by NinjaGem500 with they're lava shipping picture book art above is not mine hope you enjoy the story so far.

(EDIT!!) I have changed how the story starts! The first few Chapters will look a little confusing while I edit and change them! I will update the titles of the chapters as I go to let you know that they are finished from my editing! Thank you all for your support and patience! I hope you enjoy this story as much as I do writing it! 

Dean Out!