Although, come to think of it, the misunderstanding did perpetrate from her.

And Hunter's stupidity.

Not to forget the fact that I may or may not be involved with the Mafia now.

Whatever. I was just happy I did not have to move.

Grand'Mere awkwardly wrapped her bony arms around me and patted me stiffly on my head. It was weird. In a good way, I mean. For a moment, I felt like the two of us were sharing something special; I could feel a new, beautiful bond being forged. Maybe this would be the day where Grand'Mere would treat me more like a proper granddaughter. I was finally going to have the grandmother's love that Angelique got and I did not.

"You smell like a dead skunk, Arianna."

And that was when our special moment ended.

She pulled away from me, barked at the porter to get her bags downstairs now, gave me a kiss on both cheeks, pretended Hunter and Eric who had been standing by quietly on the side did not exist and left. But not before telling me to lose another 10 pounds.

But she was gone.

I went outside to the balcony to wave my grandmother off. "Come on," I beckoned to Hunter. "She's probably standing by the door waiting for us to watch her drive off to the sunset," I opened the sliding door that faced the busy streets and was welcomed by a gentle breeze. I breathed in deeply. It was probably polluted air that I was inhaling but nothing was bringing me down today. Today was a good day, I decided. I looked back at Hunter and gestured him to hurry up. "You, too, Eric," I smiled.

"Hell. No," Hunter raised both his hands up. "The only thing she is getting from me today is a prayer for her quick death," he turned around dramatically and sauntered to his loft.

I rolled my eyes before going out into the balcony. Eric followed suit. "By the way, when did you get here?" I asked him, leaning on the railings.

"Oh, this morning," he shrugged. "Hunter did not show up for rehearsals this morning so I thought I should come and see if anything was wrong." He flashed me his dazzling smile that I'm sure has shot many girls' hearts.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Grand'Mere about to enter her car so I flailed my arms wildly to get her attention. "GRAND'MERE! UP HERE! GRAND'MERE!" I shouted as loud as I could. I probably sounded a little crazy but I figured there was really no one around I wanted to impress.

Obviously, being at such a high altitude, it was literally impossible for her to have been able to hear me, but I waved to her as she drove off to the airport anyways.

She was probably already popping her wine bottle, that alcoholic woman.

I turned my attention back to Eric. "So are you guys going to start filming now?" I asked. The faster they went away, the faster I could resume my sleep.

He just shrugged cavalierly. "We can always start a little bit later. I notice your grandmother's presence has taken a toll to Hunter's sleep schedule. Maybe he could do with a few more minutes?"

I nodded gravely in my head

I patted his shoulder and nodded in approval. "You're a good guy. Hunter needs more good guys like you in his life."

Eric smirked. "Well, I don't mind being in his life if it means being in yours," he said smoothly.

I froze on the spot I was standing.

Wow I did not see this coming at all.

How do I respond to this? How is anyone supposed to respond to this?