Teddy Owl Lupin

Submitted by: PinkCottonClouds

Reviewed by: thief_queen

--------------------

Fandom: Harry Potter

Name: Teddy Owl Lupin
Ooo, I'm excited!

Plot: It's the Marauders Era and Remus's little brother, Teddy has a uncanny knack for danger and trouble wherever he goes with his magic always following whatever he thinks, Sorted into Slytherin and getting death glares from the Lions while his brother seems to avoid even talking to him, Teddy finds solstice in Regulus Black and together, the two friends are trying to balance the life of Hogwarts where one is trying to keep his head on his body while the other is trying to convince himself that his family (except for Sirius) is wrong
I love, love, love this! I love how he got sorted into Slytherin and that he's BFFs with Regulus!

Age: Eleven
Aww, what a baby.

Race: Wizard/British/Metamorphmagus

Background: After the lupins were attacked by a werewolf curtesy of their father insulting them, Teddy had gained scratches upon his left hand. The first incident of these scratches were when he was just a toddler and still in a crib, the moon had shined upon his scarred hand and as a result, his magic had begun to act up causing him immense pain. Hope figured out that her son's hand was damaged beyond repair and that his magic was now on the 'Fritz' if you want to label it that way. So, Lyall saves enough money to buy his son a glove that would cover the scars and stop it from suddenly spasming however they couldn't really do anything for his magic. When the boy goes to Hogwarts, It took some time to be sorted until he was in Slytherin. Can't say much since I'm writing a story.
Interesting background. I'm a bit confused as what you mean by his magic being on the fritz, but other than that, pretty cool.

Powers: Shape shifting

Talents/Skills: Teddy is adapt in brewing potions, that is if he doesn't blow up the cauldron first.
Me too bud.

Sexuality: Pansexual

Appearance: Teddy has a small body that's littered with scars from the attack on him and his brother, his left hand is the worst with deep gash like scars across it that seem to have healed yet the damage remains. His skin is a pale white color from never going outside and his limbs are Dainty and look as if they might snap. Teddy's hair is a caramel brown colored however when he was born, it had stayed a striking white until he got attacked and now only goes white when the full moon is coming. His eyes are slightly wide and are a pale blue color--No one seems to know if that's his real eye color or not since he's always changing them. His left hand has a black glove across it almost like a cast since it covers some of his arm as well.
Is that normal for hair to change colors when the full moon is coming? If not, then personally, I wouldn't have it in my story. It's a bit out there.

Distinguishing features: His hand since it catches people's curiosity but also his eyes and the fact that he has a knack for danger

Habits: Teddy has had a weird habit of carrying his stuffed toy around for no specific reason. Because of that, he's been nicknamed Owl. Another habit of his is that he often times thinks it's normal and that's sneaking around to do something, he just can't sit still. He also likes to talk in third person a lot.
I honestly don't know how I feel about the talking in third person... like, I really don't know.

Mental illnesses: No one really knows since he wasn't diagnosed.

Self-Confidence level: Teddy is not exactly confident per say. He's rather doubtful and self conscious of a lot of things, mostly concerning his house and magical abilities plus his own physical abilities. (Such as his damaged left hand)
Makes sense with is background.

Ruled By emotion or logic: Honestly, Teddy is ruled by a equal amount of both although sometimes, Logic overpowers emotion and vice versa
So he could make wise decisions, neat!

Introvert or Extrovert: Introvert entirely

Strengths: Teddy is adapt in potion brewing and memorization. He's able to run faster than most of his classmates even if his magic will sometimes act out. He's also Ambidextrous and is able to use his right hand for anything. He has a intelligent and creative mind with ambitious tendencies.
I love how he's ambidextrous.

Weaknesses: He cant use his left hand at all as it's rather numb and spasms a lot, because of this as well as the fact that the moon shining on his hand gives him excruciating pain, It's normally kept in a cast like glove. His magic acts out a lot since he never used a wand and using one with his right hand seems to prove rather difficult, his magic gives him troublesome problems like soaking him in water, making things vanish/disappear, floating people, and even exploding things. He's rather clumsy and seems to have a short temper which always flares up for no real reason
Why would using a wand with his right hand be a problem if he's ambidextrous?

Extra notes:

•The book is called; The Bizarre Tales of Little Owl

•Remus names his son After him

•He dies later on after the full moon

•He's usually seen with Snape

•He hates The Gryffindors because of their prejudice against Slytherins even if some of them may be evil, not all of them are

Constructive Criticism: Interesting character! I really like him, although there seems to be a few holes in his character, as pointed out with the right hand wand thing and why his magic would be crazy. So I'd probably look a bit more into that, other than that, though, I love him.

Intrigue: 87%