Laura Falkov

Submitted by: FutureWritterLA

Reviewed by: thief_queen

--------------------

Fandom or Original work: O.W

Name: Laura Falkov
Ooo, pretty name.

Plot: {Ok that's a bit difficult, since the story is told by guy's perspective...... for now. And i don't want to reveal too much}

Elnora is a town, whose origins are still getting heathed debates of it's origin.

To this day, the town still hides mysteries and secrets in it's rich Gothic style architecture. Some less, some more.

But the plot isn't about it's origin. (sort of) It's about a senior in Elnora high school, that discovered a world that everyone thinks is fiction. Or maybe 99% of the population.

Ironically it happened in a library with his friends, that oddly enough didn't remember the events that happened that night at all.

With a girl appearing that no one else can see, Dominick pulls himself in a world that he couldn't appear in his wildest dream's.

Along with some danger as well.
I LOVE THIS SOOOO MUCH. I do think it's a bit cliché for him to be the only one who can remember it (unless there's some backstory as to why) but I do really really love it!

Age: 19
I love this age for characters... wait, was she held back a grade? I think she's too old to be a senior unless she just happened to miss the cut off date for starting elementary or preschool.

Race: Canadian ((^v^))
Oh, that might be why the age is weird... is it different from American school?

Background:

Laura was born with normal parent's, but growing up, her parents noticed that she learned faster than normal kids.(example: she learned how to read and write faster than any kid her age) And another thing - she tends to talk to thin air.

Even if with awkward and a bit quirky attitude, Laura's parents loved her deeply.

When she was 13, a psychiatrist diagnosed her with schizophrenia and recommended taking pills, but they didn't help Laura. In fact, the medicine just gave her a huge headache.

Luckily, Undine (a women that i can't tell much about) came into her life and introduced her to other dimensions. And her new life. Undine helped her control her wild imagination. She was like a mentor to her and her best friend.

At first Laura thought she was just another hallucination, but after few 'training' exercises, Undine proved her wrong.

Laura was pretty excited about her power's.(everything she can imagine is real to her. At certain point of age, these magic user's can make their imagination real not just to them, but also other's)

When she was 17, she couldn't keep lying to her best friend, whom she had known since primary school.

She exposed her friend to the fantasy world and after few months an accident happened, that left a impact on Laura. {No, her parent's didn't die}
This kind of seems like the plot of the game Fran Bow, but it's still quite different, I like it!

Sexuality: isn't very sure if she's straight, yet isn't very confident if she's asexual.

Significant other: {personally i haven't decided yet, but I'm 60% sure that she won't or at least she won't be interested in finding one}
Oh, nice!

Appearance:

She was always a bit tall of her age as a child. At age of 15, she was already about 5,9. She has oval shaped face, with waist long black hair that are almost always straight. She has dark brown eyes, but in light they may turn into a little hazel shade. She has freckles scattered around her nose and across her cheekbones. Her tan skin makes them 'pop' out. Her bottom lip is slightly bigger than her top and she has bushy eyebrows(if she doesn't pluck or wax them)
I live for characters with big eyebrows.

She had crooked teeth, until she started wearing braces at age of 16.

Distinguishing features: definitely her freckles

Habits:

• tilting her head slightly to one side, eather when she's very interested or asking questions she's curious about.

• playing with her hair when she is frustrated or nervous

• overanalyzing everything (it's a weird habit, but she can't seem to stop)
Me too, with that last one.

Self-confidence level: from 0-100? About 70.

Ruled by emotion/logic: it depends on the situation, but mostly logic (she tends to overthink or overanalyze almost everything)
So not too much of an emotional thinker, that's pretty good for her situation.

Introvert or Extrovert: Ambivert

Strengths:

• being open minded

• able to stay calm during a heated debate or situation

• helpful

• her intuition

• her concentration (without it, she would have a very high chance not to tell what is real or not)
All of these are good strengths for this plot. Well done!

Weaknesses:

• thinks what's best for other's (while it might not be for the better)
MEEE.

• very straightforward and blunt if in a bad mood (or just generally doesn't like someone)
Make sure you write this well! It can irritate some readers if it's too snarky and unrealistic.

Extra note: Elnora is a fictional town (sorta obvious) located somewhere in Northern Europe and Laura has a large role to play to the story (just like Dominick).

Constructive Criticism: Not too much to say, if I'm being the nit-picky I'd have to say the bluntness (but like... I don't really care about that so...?) or that her age is a bit strange, but that's probably because I'm used to American high school, where seniors generally graduate at 17 or 18. (I'll graduate next year at 17... oh my gosh... what am I doing with my life...)

Intrigue: 94% I love the plot and how the character fits well with it!