Kiss Her Goodbye

~Zayn's POV~

I've been up for 5 hours; it's probably 3 in the morning. I stared at the water in my hands while the guys were talking about something irrelevant. I looked at Harry and Niall who were also having a conversation. Once Niall noticed I was looking he said something to Harry and got up to sit next to me.

"Zayn, just go check up on her. I'm sure you've given her enough time for the night."

"i don't know, she was pretty mad at me, besides, she's probably sleeping now." He shrugged and went back to sit next to Harry who gave me a look I couldn't quite understand. He was probably still upset that she chose me.

I slowly walked towards Ariana's door and opened it slightly. Peeking in, I could see her sleeping body, along with her phone in hand. Quietly, I opened the door and carefully sat on her bed. I stroked her hair softly and kissed her cheek. I grabbed her phone out of her hand to place it on the bedside table. As I was about to put it down, it started to buzz. I opened the message, taking a quick glance at her before reading the message.

-Unknown Number-

I see you, Zayn.

I quickly walked towards the window and peeked through the sheer curtains. Everything was black. I needed to walk up the gang; we need to get out of here. I slowly started to shake Ariana's sleeping body awake.

"Z-Zayn?" She sat up from the bed and started to rub her eyes. 

"Ariana, we need to get out of here. They're here." She was now wide awake and pulling on some yoga pants and a pair of converse. I took here hand and pulled her out of the room towards the living room where all the guys were still awake.

"Everyone, get up. They're here, we need to leave, now. Niall get Kendall," He sped past me, into my sister's room.  "Let's all meet up at the big oak tree across the forest. Go in small groups so we don't attract attention." With that, I pulled Ariana out of the house and started to run. Soon, we were running through the forest, trying hard not to fall. She tried her best to keep up with my speed; I could see that her adrenaline was starting to kick in. 

We were 10 feet away from the oak tree when I heard a huge gun shot. I stopped in my tracks and turned towards Ariana. She was gasping for air, but thankfully wasn't hit. I pulled her close to me and signalled for her to stay quiet. I slowly looked around; all I saw was trees. Suddenly, I heard rustling in the bushes behind us. I turned around, gripping Ariana tighter. Thankfully, it was only Niall, Kendall and Harry.

"What the fuck guys? How about you try not to sneak up on us while we have a bunch of other men looking for us!" I gave them all dirty looks as Ariana loosened from my grip and ran to Kendall to give her a hug. Niall looked at me, eyebrows raised.

"Dude, let's go before they find us." I nodded and started to walk towards them. Suddenly, I heard a deep chuckle. I turned around just as Jake appeared behind a tree, smirking.

"I see you got my texts." Ariana gasped and ran to me; I pulled her closer.

"Leave us alone Jake or I'll have to beat the shit out of you again." He chuckled and pointed a gun to me. I pushed Ariana behind me, shielding her from the bullet that can be released at any moment.

"Oh, Zayn. Are you that much of a fucking idiot to run into the forest?" A group of men emerged from behind other trees; I recognized them all. Including Seth.

"Zayn, long time no see. How are you?" Seth smiled as he walked towards me, gun in hand. I felt a hand grab mine from behind, I glanced to see Ariana looking scared to death. I squeezed her hand reassuringly as I paid attention to Seth once again. "Ah, the lovely Ariana, finally we meet. How are you, sweetheart?" He came close to her and stroked her cheek. She shivered under his touch and quickly turned her face. He smirked at her.

"Don't fucking touch her." I spat, which only caused him to chuckle. He nodded towards Jake, making him approach me. Suddenly he grabbed my neck and pointed the gun to my head. I struggled to loosen his grip on my neck which only made him hit me with the back of his gun. 

"Don't hurt him!" Ariana screamed.

"It's okay, Ariana. Everything will be fine, just relax." I locked eyes with her and gave her a small smile.  I looked at Kendall who was absolutely terrified and hiding behind Niall. He and Harry's eyes were set on Seth, giving him intimidating looks. I looked back at Ariana and noticed she was shaking; her eyes not leaving mine. She started to tear up; I know she was trying hard to be strong.

~Ariana's POV~

I was scared to death. This could be my last moment; I could die in any second. Zayn could die in any second. I fought back the tears that were threatening to be released.

"So, Ariana. I'm guessing Zayn told you everything about the incident we had a few years ago, yes?" I nodded slowly. "Good, well now you know that that means I have to kill you since he killed the one that I love." At this point I let the tears go and fell onto my knees. I looked at Zayn who was crying now too.

"Ariana, don't worry. You're strong and brave, we'll get through this. You'll be safe. I won't let anything happen to you," Zayn voice was calm, but his eyes were red. He and I both knew that this could be it. "I love you, Ariana." (gif to the side)

"I love you, Zayn." I looked to the floor and continued to cry hard.

I heard Seth walk closer to me before he lifted my chin.

"Don't cry sweetheart, this will only hurt for a second." I looked at him in disgust. "Such a shame; a pretty girl like you could have been of great use." Suddenly he grabbed my arm and pointed the gun to my head. I started to cry harder as I heard Zayn scream no. I tried to wipe the tears away and looked over to my friends. Kendall was crying in Niall's arms, Harry eyes were red and I dared looked at Zayn. We locked eyes. He looked absolutely broken. He shook his head.

"Please, please d-don't kill m-me!" I barely let out a whisper, but Seth had heard me. 

"I'm sorry sweetheart, but I'm only returning the favour." He looked towards Zayn," Oh and Zayn, kiss your pretty girlfriend goodbye." He pushed me to the floor as I heard everyone scream no. I heard the gunshot fire and I froze in place, my eyes shutting tightly.

After a few minutes of not feeling everything I opened my eyes. I wasn't hit.

He took the bullet for me.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Author's Note

WHO DO YOU THINK TOOK THE BULLET FOR HER?

I'm sorry this chapter is shorter than usually, but I really wanted to update. There's only a few chapters left of this fan fiction :'( But on the bright side, I will be writing a new fan fic called, Little White Lies. I have already posted the prologue, so go check it out if you want!

Also, thank you to all who read my story and vote and comment. It means so much to me! I know I'm not the greatest writer and at times I think about just stopping, but you guys give me a confidence boost when you read, so thank you so much!

Okay, this is a long author's note.

TEAM HARRY OR TEAM ZAYN?

If there is anyone that could make a trailer for this fanfic please contact me on twitter or tumblr or just comment below!

Follow me:

Twitter: @zarryrunway

Instagram: @topshopzxyn

Tumblr: zarryrunway.tumblr.com

You can follow my personals!

sophisticaided.tumblr.com

IG + Twitter: @katperrone

Thanks for reading, commenting and voting! :)

~Katherine xx