The Challenge

~Ariana's POV~

I woke up the next morning feeling like a new person. I still couldn't believe that Harry had asked me out, not to mention it went really well. Thank God it''s Friday; the last day of the school week. I'm pretty excited to be going to Niall's party; usually it's only Zayn that goes and Kendall and I usually have a movie night. But tonight was different, I was going as Harry's girl and- holy shit, what am I going to wear. I quickly ran to my closet looking for any dress that was suitable for the party, but I found nothing. I need to go shopping. I walked down stairs to have some breakfast. Trevor was already there eating some cereal.

"So, how was your date last night?" he smirked at me. "Oh, it was really fun." I tried not to look him in the eyes knowing he would say something to make me feel embarrassed. "That's it? "Really fun", alright, whatever you say." He put his bowl in the sink and went upstairs to change for work. I grab some toast and spread Nutella on it. I quickly ate knowing it would take forever to pick out an outfit today; I needed to look good since I know Harry will be looking. I finished eating the toast and gulped down half a glass of juice, then ran to the bathroom. I washed my face, brushed my teeth and left my hair as it was since the waves from yesterday didn't really fall. I put on some foundation, mascara and red lipstick.

This was the hard part. I stared at my closet for what seemed like forever, then decided to wear a white muscle tank, with an unbuttoned denim shirt, black skinny jeans and red converse. Harry had already seen me in a short, tight dress, I think he can live with me in jeans. I grabbed my school bag and car keys and ran out the door. 

~

"Tell me everything, now." Kendall approached me with a huge smile across her face. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of last night. It truly was the best date I've ever had. I began to tell her every detail of the date; she shrieked when I told her about the kiss making me blush. "That was the cutest thing I've ever heard, so I guess Harry does have a sweet side," she winked making me chuckle. I felt two hands over my eyes and I began to smile. I turned around expecting to see Zayn, but a tall,curly haired figured was staring down at me.

"Hello beautiful," Harry said kissing my cheek. I blushed, then chuckled, "hey Harry." "So you're coming to the party tonight, right?" He looked up at me with his sparkling green eyes waiting for my answer. I nodded and bit my lip. "Good, well I got to get to my locker," he kissed my cheek again, then whispered into my ear, "wear something sexy." He pulled away and winked before leaving me. I turned my attention back to Kendall who was smiling trying to hold in her excitement. "Oh and Kendall, we're going to need to go shopping before going to that party." She shrieked letting all her bottled up excitement explode.

We linked our arms together and walked to P.E. As we approached the girl's changing room, another girl cut us off, then turned around to give me a dirty look. I have never spoken to this girl nor have I ever met her. I decided to brush it off since I was in such a good mood. P.E. was a weird class because the school decided to mix two gym classes together, which meant, our gym class and Zayn's gym class. This was the only class Zayn actually liked because he got to show off and pick up some girls. I, on the other hand, loved it because this month we're playing soccer, my favorite sport. I quickly got changed and waited for Kendall, so we can enter the class together. We sat on the bench and waited to the teacher to explain something. I looked up at Zayn who smiled and nodded at me. I smiled back and returned my attention to Mr. Andrews.

"So, just letting you know that we will be having a scavenger hunt challenge next week. I know you're thinking, what does this have to do with P.E.? Well, the reason is, is that you will be in teams of two competing against other teams to see who can collect the most items in a certain amount of time. The items will be placed all over the park next to the school. You will have to run, climb, jump and crawl to get these items. It will test your strengths and your cardio." I looked at Kendall who turned to me and we smiled knowing that we would be partners. "Before you start looking at your friends, I will be making the partners, so, let's start. Jessica and Adam, Kendall and Jordan, Gabriel and Tania, Zayn and Ariana, Marco and Synthia..." Mr. Andrews continue to list all the teams, but I didn't bother listening. Zayn and I were a team and that won't be a problem because we know each other, we can actually win this.

~Zayn's POV~

 "Before you start looking at your friends, I will be making the partners, so, let's start. Jessica and Adam, Kendall and Jordan, Gabriel and Tania, Zayn and Ariana-" Zayn and who? Ariana? So, Ariana and I are a team, maybe I'll tell her how I feel once we start the challenge, when we're alone. Or would that distract her from this assignment? What if not telling her distracts me? I'll figure this out later, I'm just happy I'm teamed up with her and not some stranger. I looked at Ariana and locked eyes with her. She smiled at me and I smirked and gave her a wink. I started to walk up to her, our eyes staying locked. "So, we're a team, i guess," she said smiling at me. "Yeah, you and me, alone in the woods," I winked and she rolled her eyes, then punched my arm lightly. "Seriously, Zayn, I want to win this. We're going to have to work hard and you better not ditch this class because I'm not afraid to kick your ass." I chuckled, she's so cute when she's trying to threaten me. "Sweetie, I don't think you want to try to fight with me. Remember the last guy who did?" Suddenly her face fell flat. So she did remember. I kind of killed that guy for trying to get with Ariana against her own will. I didn't mean to scare her, shit, I got to calm her down. "Listen, I'll be there and we will win because we're a team. Nobody can beat us." I kissed her forehead, then walked to the other side of the room with my friends. I looked back and she still looked a little frightened, but when she started talking with Kendall, she was her normal self again. 

Girls play the first half, then the guys play the second. I watched as Ariana dribbled the ball all the way to the other net and scored. Everyone was cheering for her team and she ran up to Kendall and hugged her. She was such a good soccer player, she will get a scholar ship next year I know it. She jumped to the head the ball and I saw her t-shirt slide up as she did, unfortunately so did another guy, Jake. Jake is what you would call the douche bag of the school or the player. He smirked as he watched her play. I started to make fists as I watched him watch her. My jaw clenched as he looked her up and down. Mr. Andrews blew the whistle and that meant it was the guys turn to play. My team against Jake's team; I was going to enjoy this. The whistle blew again as I sprinted to get the ball, I dribble through two players then stop right in front of Jake. He smirked at me and tried to get the ball away from me. I pushed him to the floor and kicked the ball as hard as I could. It went into the net and my whole team cheered. I looked at Jake and smirked at him before walking to my end of the field.

~

~Ariana's POV~

"What about this dress?" Kendall handed me another dress, but my opinion was the same as the others. I hated them all. I couldn't be seen in a cute girly dress. I wanted a dress that all the guys would stare, but that Harry would claim me as his. I wanted Harry to think I was sexy and could be a little risky. I wanted something totally different then what I would actually wear. "Give me a second, Ari, I think I found the one." I heard Kendall rush away from the changing room. I looked at myself in the mirror in my bra and underwear. I don't understand what Harry sees in me. I'm not that pretty, I don't have a flat stomach or a thigh gap or a nice ass. I'm so insecure about how I look half the time that I get embarrassed when anybody looks at me because I know they're judging me. I see all these skinny girls look at me in disgust because I'm not a size zero. I just don't like myself. I don't understand why Harry likes me. After a few minutes, Kendall came back and through a dress over the door of the changing room. I didn't think that this would be the one but I tried it on anyways. "Can you zip me up?" I asked Kendall opening the door. I saw her jaw drop through the mirror as she quickly zipped me up. "What? What's wrong? Does it look weird?" I asked her looking at her. "You look absolutely flawless." I looked at myself in the mirror, observing every detail of the dress. The dress was completely covered in black sparkles. It had a low-cut, sweet heart neckline and ended at mid thigh. It hugged my curves perfectly and even shrunk my stomach. (A/N pic to the side) I did look flawless. I just hope Harry think so too.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

Sorry I posted this chapter a little late, I was trying to make it longer than the other chapters. So, you didn't see much of Harry this chapter, sorry for everyone who is on Team Harry. But you did see Zayn trying to give some hints to Ariana. What did you think of him getting jealous over her? The party is coming up next chapter and there will be some drama. ;)

Please comment and vote! Leave me some feedback in the comments so I can make this fan fic better!

~Katherine :) xx