We're a Good Team

~Ariana's POV~

"Listen, Ari, if my brother told you that he was going to fight for you, he meant it. He always gets what he wants, so if you really like Harry just be careful. Don't let him get inside your head; don't let him get to you." Kendall had been trying to comfort and give me advice all morning, but all I've been thinking about is this stupid challenge that I have to do with Zayn. I just don't think I can handle a week, let alone a period with him. I really hope the teacher lets me switch partners. At least I have math first period, so I can see Harry and get my mind off things.

I walked to my homeroom class when I felt someone grab my waist. I turned and saw Harry. I was about to give him a kiss on the cheek, when he turned his head and kiss my lips softly. (A/N pic on the side). I pulled away and smirked at him. "Hey gorgeous," he said with a smile, "you look really hot today." He looked me up and down making me blush. I was wearing a white tank with a blue tribal mini skirt and some white sandals. I punched his arm lightly as we entered the classroom. During the entire class, Harry had been checking me out and every time I caught him, a smirk spread across his face. I turned to him and shook my head. He then licked his lips and continued smirking at me. 

Once the class was over, Harry grabbed my hand and walked me to my locker. He put his hands on my waisted again and turned me around. He crashed his lips onto mind kissing me roughly and passionately. I felt his hand slide down to my ass as I pulled away from the kiss and lifted his arm to my waist. He began to smirk again and chuckled into another kiss. 

"Can you guys stop sucking each others faces for a second?" I pulled away from Harry and looked over at Niall and Zayn. "Sorry guys, I can't keep my hands off her," Harry kiss my cheek as a giggle escape from my lips. Zayn looked to the floor, then up at me. I quickly looked away and payed attention to what Niall was saying. "So, apparently there's a dance this Friday and I really want to ask Ashley to go with me. That girl is fucking hot." Niall turned to Zayn who chuckled at his comment. Zayn locked eyes with me and began biting his lip. I admit that was pretty hot-no, what was I saying. I'm with Harry, I'm mad at Zayn. I got to get out of here. 

"Um, well I'm going to take my gym clothes and go to class a little early to get dressed, I'll see you guys lat-" I was suddenly cut off by Zayn. "Oh, I'll come with you so we can talk about a strategy for the challenge." That fucking ass hole. I nodded annoyingly and kissed Harry on the cheek before taking my gym clothes and quickly walking away from the guys. I heard foot steps running behind me and I immediately knew it was Zayn. "Ariana, please stop being mad at me. I hate it when you ignore me." We turned at the corner of the hallway and I stopped in my tracks. "What am I supposed to do, Zayn? You're trying to break me and Harry up because you like me. Am I supposed to just accept it and move on and be with you? I love Harry and even though you said you'd fight for me, I'm telling you right now, it won't work." I started to walk away from him, then stopped again. "Oh and I'm asking Mr. Andrews for a new partner." He ran to me and grabbed my hand. "You're seriously changing partners? Let's face it, you don't want to be partners with me because you know that I can change your mind about Harry. If you weren't scared you would act like we always do, you would treat me like a friend. But you're scared that something might happen between us and you'll hurt Harry. Well let me tell you something, Ariana. You're hurting me by being with Harry. So if you want to change partners, fine, change. But don't lie to me or yourself, because we both know you're scared of falling for me." He walked away without giving me a second look. Was he right? Was I avoiding him because deep down I knew I would fall for him? I fucking let him get inside my head. But one question had been haunting me, did I have some feelings for Zayn?

~

"Please, Mr Andrews." "No, I'm sorry Ariana, but no one else wants to change partners and I'm not going to break anyone up, just so you can switch, and that's final." I rolled my eyes then walked towards Kendall. She looked up at me and I shook my head. "Ari, just remember don't let him get inside your head. I'm seriously going to fucking tell him off tonight." I chuckled and hugged her before making my way to Zayn. We didn't say a word to each other; we just listened to what we had to find in this stupid scavenger hunt. Mr. Andrews handed out a piece of paper to each group stating exactly what we have to find. 

"Ok, Zayn, get your ass over here." He came closer to me and I began to read the items we had to find. "OK, we have to find a trophy, a cowboy hat, a picture frame, rope, a jar, a hammer, 4 eggs, maracas, a tiara and a soccer ball. Then, we have to run to the soccer field and one of us has to kick the soccer ball into the net without looking, then the other has to take the basketball and shoot it in the basket from the middle of the court. Then, we have to run to the mountain where we have to drop off all the things we found and report to Mr. Andrews. I think that's it for today." I looked up at Zayn who was already staring intensely into my eyes. "So, you'll kick the soccer ball and I'll shoot the basketball." I nodded and put the paper into my back pocket. Mr. Andrews shouted that we will be started in 10 seconds. We prepared to run as Zayn grabbed my hand. I looked up at him but he was looking straight ahead. Mr. Andrews shouted go as we ran into the forest and began looking for a trophy. Zayn pulled me towards bushes and he crawled through them to try to find an item. He came out with nothing in his hands. I sportted I pile of leaves and jumped into the, pulling out a tiara. Great, we've got one item.

~

We've reached the soccer field and I kept missing the net. I sat down in frustrating as Zayn pulled me back up. "Listen to me, Ariana. Relax, close your eyes and picture the net in your head. Pretend that there's nothing there except for the ball and the net." As I closed my eyes, I felt Zayn's hands move down to my waist, but I didn't do anything because he wasn't trying anything, he was just helping me, right? "Now take a deep breathe and kick the ball." He let go off me and I took a deep breathe and swung my leg. I opened my eyes and watched the ball go right into the corner of the net. I jumped in joy and hugged Zayn. I pulled away and smiled shyly at him and he smiled back, taking my hand and leading me towards the basketball court. As we got to the court, there was already a team trying to get the basketball in the basket. Zayn quickly grabbed the basketball, stood in the middle of the court and got the ball in the basket on the first try. I looked at him in shock; he just winked at me and grabbed my hand again, running towards the mountain. 

Once we reached the top of the mountain, we dropped all our items in a giant bin and walked to Mr. Andrews, trying to catch our breathe. "You two are the first ones here; you make quite the team." I turned to Zayn and smiled, then walked over and sat by a tree. Zayn sat next to me and I noticed him smirking at me. "What?" I asked confused. "We make a good team," he winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

~

Harry, Niall and Zayn and a few other guys were ditching class today. I really wanted to spend time with Harry, but I guess I'll have to wait until tonight. I was going to Harry's house after school with Kendall, since all the guys were there. I had a huge problem though, Zayn. I couldn't stop thinking about him today. After the challenge, I just...I don't know what exactly I'm feeling, but I'm not that mad at him anymore. I really need some time with Harry before I start to develop feelings for Zayn....unless I already do have feeling. Why is this so complicated?

_____________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

So, this whole chapter was Ariana's point of view and you can see that she has confused feeling for Zayn. Do you think she scared that she'll fall for him? Team Harry or Team Zayn? Leave a comment and vote! :)

~Katherine xx