CHAPTER 25

"Luna. Alpha Aidan fell under the spell. He had marked Maisy on the first night we were captured. We watched in disbelief when the Alpha wolf materialized in front of us during his marking." Maven looks at the cell where the large and majestic wolf stands alone. "He had two wolves. The wolf that became mated to Maisy remained with him. The wolf that had marked you as his mate stands before us. He wasn't Aidan's wolf. He belonged to another."

"Who?" I ask.

"Alpha Jaivan." Maven points to where Jaivan is standing in a trance as he stares at the wolf.

"Jaivan's?" Understanding comes over me and I become emotional. He's Jaivan's wolf. Jaivan is my mate. I have questions about how this could have happened, but my main concern is making sure Jaivan has his wolf back. I beg my father to help reconnect their souls. I know an elder Alpha would know. It had been done by Alphas of the past, but now only the council is permitted to strip a wolf's soul from his human.

Dad smiles and touches Jaivan's shoulder to get his attention. "Touch your wolf and imagine shifting into your human form. Then we must leave."

Dad is giving the members released from the cells orders. As the cells empty I notice dead bodies of rogues that had been held there before. The old lady that had been in the cell across from mine is now staring at the ceiling with no life in her eyes. The memories of being locked in this place causes my skin to crawl, but I soon feel tingles replace the bad feelings with good.

"We have to go, my beautiful mate." I smile when Jaivan lifts me up into his arms.

Jaivan has a tight hold on me as he carries me up the stairs. His nose touches my neck to breathe in my scent. He looks at my mark and back up to me. I smile. It was his wolf that had marked me. That means I carry his mark and not Aidan's. He puts me down to walk with the others as we pretend not to have emotions. I can see Jaivan trying to hold back a smile.

"We mated. That's why the feelings were so much stronger after. You were wearing my wolf's mark, my mark, when we made love. We mated, Camilla." He bites down on his bottom lip trying to hold back a smile.

I try to contain my own smile. It explains why it had been so easy to choose him and the thought of leaving him had been so painful. I no longer had any feelings for Aidan. I brush my arm with his as we walk next to each other just to feel the tingles. My steps also quicken to get out of the territory and into safety. I just want to be in my mate's arms.

I become aware of our surroundings when we walk towards a different direction. It doesn't matter which direction we go. We are surrounded and must walk through the spelled pack. None of us show any emotion, as all we feel is the need to get through unnoticed.

Jaivan blocks the view from my sight and gives a low warning growl for me not to look. My cheeks go red and I face the floor as we walk. I can see that a few others next to me are doing the same. I drown out the noise with my thoughts. The Dark pack, as I now call those that have been spelled, are commiting about every sin imaginable.

Jaivan moves me over when a fight breaks out over cheating in a card game. I can smell the heavy alcohol as the men fight it out, but return to their game bruised and bloody. I turn away again when I see Aidan with another female. Maisy had been standing nearby and her eyes had been completely black. She stands like a guard dog next to her master waiting for the next command. She now carries the dark soul.

The rescued group rush their steps when we move out of the sight of the Dark pack. Those that are able to shift are now running in their wolf forms. Jaivan nods for me to shift as well. We both shift into our wolves, but neither of our wolves run until they lick and rub against each other with love. We then take off and run towards the cabin of the elder Alpha and Luna.