CHAPTER 8

The happiness of having a new Luna falls from the pack members when Aidan and Cedric help me walk to the staircase to see Locus upstairs. They see that I'm in pain and my wolf is still trying to cure me. The realization of what I have been through the last two months hits them. A few of the women are crying. Two of the guards that Alyssa had beat the rabies out of me submit their necks and apologize. Alyssa had said it would help keep my wolf from becoming aggressive towards them and heal the rabies. I have to calm Aidan down from attacking them for hurting me. I accept their apologies and ask him to do the same.

"Aidan." I frown when he growls.

"Fine. Stay away from me for a few days. I have to calm my wolf." He crosses his arms and they nod before disappearing. "And myself."

I roll my eyes and take a step up. Tears fill my eyes with the pain. Aidan picks me up bridal style and refuses to put me down when I say I can do it myself. He reminds me how unhappy he is that I'm not resting, but understands the need to see Locus. Cedric looks down with guilt written all over his face. He should be happy about seeing my cousin.

"Locus?" Cedric knocks on the door when we get there.

"Go away! I want to be alone." She yells from somewhere in the room.

"It's Cedric, honey. Your mate." He tells her.

It's quiet, but the next time she yells it is near the door. "Liar! I don't smell my mate."

"Shit, I sprayed myself to get rid of Camilla's scent." Cedric looks at his shirt.

"You touched my mate?" Aidan's wolf growls.

"No. You hugged me when you were happy about marking her. You left her scent on me." He backs away.

I laugh, but grimace from the pain. "You hugged him?"

"He hugged everybody." Cedric smiles, but becomes serious again. "Locus, open the door. Your cousin is right here. She's...safe"

"Prove it."

"Gosh darn it, Locus. Open the door. I haven't seen you in two months! I need to find out about our family." I yell through the closed door.

"Okay, but if I open this door and it's not really you...well, you better run." She unlocks the door.

I make Aidan put me down. She opens the door and her eyes widen when she sees me. She narrows her eyes to make sure it really is me. I know she's satisfied when she hugs me and screams in my ear. She then moves back and begins slapping my arms.

"How dare you put me through that? Do you know what I've been through? I thought you were dead!" She wipes a tear and hugs me again. "It was my fault you were attacked and contracted rabies."

"I didn't have rabies." I growl. "Can we sit down to talk?"

Locus nods and walks over to the bed. Aidan lifts me up and carries me to the bed. Her eyes widen and she asks what's wrong with me and why I can't walk. I tell her I can, but I'm still in pain. I get comfortable on Cedric's soft bed next to her. Locus already has clothes thrown over his couch. She always goes through her whole closet before deciding what to wear.

We look at Cedric and Aidan waiting for them to leave. Their mouths drop open at the same time when they realize what we want. Privacy. Cedric begins to complain he wants time with his mate, but Locus reminds him that her best friend and cousin just came back from the dead.

I'm coming back in half an hour. You need to see the doctor and rest.

I startle when I hear Aidan's voice through mind-link, but smile when I remember he marked me. I nod and he shuts the door behind him after Cedric walks out with a pout.