Chapter 30 🔥 The Pearl of Peace

Start from the beginning

"We will. Just give them some time Vee." Daphne said in agreement.

"Marcus. . . He's not exactly gone. I knew what I had to do to save him while severing our blood bond. Well, I hope I did." Venus said in a quiet voice. Her voice quivered from suppressed emotions. She was starting to doubt herself if she really did the right thing.

"W-what do you mean?" Aldrik asked in apprehension. He saw some hope that Marcus could be saved.

"I shoved him somewhere. I mean, my pull did. I know he's alive. It's the only way for him to survive the cutting." Vee was looking down her lap like she could find her answers there.

"That's great! When do we see him again? Can't you call on your pull now to bring him back?" Aldrik suddenly was back to his old self. He was relieved to know that he didn't send Marcus to his doom. He may be his rival in Venus' heart but he never wanted him dead. Especially, in exchange for his life.

"Then what's the problem, Vee?" Daphne asked worriedly when she felt her trembling.

Something was wrong. Even Amelia saw that. Only Aldrik was unaware, blinded by his own happiness.

"Vee? It's okay. You can tell us when you're ready." Amelia held her shaking hand firmly.

Aldrik was pulled back from cloud nine because of this, he leaped towards Venus. He sat down in front of her and cupped her chin to look directly at her eyes, "whatever it is, we can find a way. As long as we know that he's alive."

"T-the pull. . . I-it disappeared." Vee said as she started to sob.

"Your powers?" Daphne asked confused.

"No! The pull that took Marcus away. It's gone. It tricked me. I don't know where Marcus is now. So how can I save him?" Venus ranted in hysterics. How could she be so stupid in trusting her pull. It always had a mind of its own. She was never able to control it. Now, she messed up everything. No Marcus. No Pearl.

"Yes, you can! You always do. Calm down and we can see through this like we always do." Amelia pulled her into her arms. She hugged her tight to let her know that she was never alone and she never will be.

Daphne followed suit hugging both of them then Aldrik, wrapping his arms around the three very special women of his life. Yes, Amelia included. He stopped looking at her as Melrick a long time ago when he realised how much the shifter loves Rufus. His eyes landed on the motionless body of Agnus hoping that he would soon wake up. He needs to know that Rufus wasn't dead. He couldn't be, he was the closest as a brother to him amongst the three.

"Well, well, well. Such a heartbreaking sight." A woman's voice surprised them from behind.

Venus eyes widened, "You, witch!" She turned around so fast that they all stumbled together and fell to the ground like a heap of hay.

But that didn't stop Venus from her anger as she jumped up in no time.

The bitch will pay.

Murderous thoughts run through her mind as looked directly towards where the voice came from. The voice she knew too well.

"S-Scalia? H-how come? It's not your voice." Venus stammered. She couldn't believe her eyes. Standing in front of them was a perfect replica of the Mermadian Queen only she's not blue but a normal looking person. Pale skin, light blue eyes and a long fiery red hair like Daphne's.

"So the invisible woman finally decides to grace us with her presence. I felt you, why hide? Who are you?" Aldrik asked cautiously as he stood beside Venus in a defensive stance. Daphne and Amelia followed on both sides.