Chapter 1: Deep in My Heart

Authors note: I've been dying to make a Shisui x Itachi fanfic. I really hope you guys like this one. I personally think this fanfic is going to be very cinematic and full of drama, conflicts, lemon (yes!), and sadness. I hope you enjoy it!

Share this story (my other story has almost 36,000 views. Let's get this one high as well). Comment and like as well!
- LuluPunkRock ♡🌙
----------------------------------

Shisui Uchiha sighed as he dropped his bag on the table. The sound of the stove on and the pot bubbling soothed his mind a little. He leaned his hands against the counter and his mood immediately changed once he glanced down and noticed his lover Itachi, kneeling on the floor with his face dug into the cabinet. He appeared to be searching for something. Shisui's eyes lit up and he quietly walked behind Itachi. With his hands in his pockets, he looked straight down at Itachi who didn't even notice him. He was so busy looking through the boxes of cereal, the spices, and the condiments. 

"Somebody is busy searching for something..." Shisui finally spoke. Itachi gasped and immediately looked up to find his boyfriend staring down at him with a bright smile. He instantly felt a tingle of excitement now that Shisui finished work.

"I didn't know you'd be back so late. You usually come two hours early." He spoke with his face still looking up at Shisui. The latter immediately grinned and picked Itachi up into his arms.

"There was a conflict on the walk home near the bar. So I had to take matters. Another pair of drunk men arguing." Shisui whispered tiredly as he nestled his prominent nose in Itachi's hair. Itachi wrapped his arms around Shisui's neck, and his legs tightly around his waist. He closed his eyes, feeling safe and warm from Shisui's soft yet rugged voice. 

"You making dinner?" Shisui asked as he held onto Itachi tighter. 

"Yes. I can't seem to find any onions though. I think we ran out." Itachi pouted slightly. 

Shisui giggled, "You want me to go run and get some?" Itachi immediately met his gaze onto Shisui's eyes.

"No!" He whispered loudly. "You just got off from work. I'll go." He added as he slowly tried pulling from Shisui's grip. Shisui couldn't help but smile.

"But Itachi, leaving me to deal with watching the food isn't a good idea. You know I can't cook. I'll burn the house down. Why don't you stay and watch everything while I quickly go to the store?" He asked politely.

Itachi chewed on his bottom lip. "Fine, but don't rush yourself. There's still time for dinner to be ready." Shisui instantly smiled again and kissed Itachi's cheek, "I'll be back." Itachi nodded and then Shisui slowly placed Itachi back onto his feet. And off his lover went to get some onions.

---------

Shisui quickly ran to the store. Those curls flowed through the summer night air flawlessly. His gaze towards the small grocery store suddenly was distracted by a familiar face from afar. He squinted and slowed down his pace. 

After a couple more footsteps, he instantly recognized who it was. That person was Itachi's mother, Mikoto Uchiha. He smiled and walked fast towards her. Mikoto stood slightly confused until she saw Shisui come closer, she then recognized his unique face. She instantly smiled big and had two arms open.

"Hey Mikoto! It's nice to see you again. It's been awhile." He smiled to her and hugged her. He hasn't seen her for about two or three months. 

"Oh my amazing Shisui! I've been doing good! How is Itachi? Is he starving? I worry since you two lived together, he hasn't been eating..." She explained. Shisui laughed out loud causing Mikoto to laugh as well.

"No, Itachi is doing well. He's eating. I actually ran to the store to get some onions because Itachi is cooking dinner." He explained with his eyes glistening down at Mikoto. He tried so hard to remain calm, but the thought of how amazing Itachi was, was really hard to hide. He was talented, strong, a genius, beautiful, and a great cook. 

Mikoto's eyes brightened and she instantly smiled big, "Thank Kami!" Shisui's giggle followed. "I'm glad to know he isn't struggling. How are the bills? Are you both ok?" She appeared to have so many questions. Shisui slightly swallowed. He was amazed how concerned Itachi's mother was.

"Oh paying bills are totally fine. We're doing very good! I promise." Shisui assured with his hands swaying up and down.

"It's still odd not having Itachi home. But he is twenty-one, and he can't stay at his parents' house for long. Not that I mind if he wanted to stay, he can all he wants. Now that you guys seem to have everything settled down. Why don't you come over for dinner this following Sunday?" She asked with her soft voice.

Shisui has never had a dinner with Itachi's family for a while. He got a little nervous but very much excited. 

"I would love to Mikoto! I'll tell Itachi." He answered. "Tell him I said goodnight and don't forget to shower, eat, and sleep!" She expressed deep worry. Shisui giggled and hugged her again. "Will do mama Mikoto." They hugged and parted ways. Shisui instantly remembered the onions he had to get and ran so fast. 

------------

"I'm home!" Shisui cheered as he handed the bag of onions to Itachi. "Thank you Shisui..." Itachi spoke as he removed them from the bag. "Why so many?" Itachi slightly laughed. Shisui turned his head towards Itachi, "Why not?" Itachi shifted his eyes towards him. He saw something in Shisui's face. He was very easy to read, especially with his face. It's too damn easy to read. He was always terrible at hiding anything.

Shisui stared at Itachi for a couple more seconds and then finally spoke, "Can I help you setup dinner?" Itachi smiled, "I'd love that." And then dinner was prepared.

------

"So..." Shisui started as he took a bite of the grilled fish. Itachi shifted his eyes up at Shisui. "I saw your mother near the grocery store. She wanted to remind you to bathe, eat, and get enough sleep." He spoke as his eyes roamed around the steamed vegetables. Itachi's eyes widened and he nodded. "That's spontaneous for you to meet her. Did she say anything else?" He picked up a piece of tofu from his bowl of miso soup with his chopsticks. Shisui watched Itachi with his eyes slightly sharper. 

"She wants us to have dinner together with the rest of your family, this Sunday." He added. Itachi awkwardly nodded and looked away. Shisui sighed, "Don't worry Itachi. Everything's gonna be fine. Why worry so much? Your family just wants to see you." Itachi shot his eyes back at Shisui.

"Hmmm, perhaps." He quietly spoke through his tight lips. He shook his head and placed his chopsticks down. Shisui looked back at Itachi. 

"Come on Itachi, you prepared such a nice dinner again. Eat up." He quietly spoke, making sure not to sound forceful. Itachi sighed and picked his chopsticks back up. Shisui smiled big, "Dinner tonight is amazing again. Thank you love." Shisui complimented warmly. Itachi slightly blushed. He nodded and suddenly felt ok to eat again. 

Shisui added some funny conversations to lighten the mood, which worked as usual. He never failed to cheer Itachi up. And before they thought tonight would end awkwardly, they were laughing and cleaning up the dishes. Shisui happily cleaned the tables and played a couple kisses on Itachi's cheek and hair every now and then. Itachi was cleaning the dishes and returned kisses on Shisui's nose and lips. They also reminded each other of funny childhood moments when they were out training, spending their little money on food and being so excited about carrying one-hundred twelve yen in their pockets. They also laughed about memories with Sasuke when he'd run all day trying to find them, and it wasn't until late sunset that he'd find them. And then once he did find them, it was dinner time and they'd have to quickly go back home. Sasuke was always late for all the fun and it was amusing finding him breathless and arguing about how long he searched "everywhere" for niissan. 

Once cleaning up was done, they both headed upstairs. They had separate bedrooms just in case their family or anyone else visits their home. But really, Itachi slept with Shisui in his bedroom. It was all about concealing. Almost all of both their lives had been all about concealing. So, concealing and hiding was their specialty. And both having worked under the Hokage as anbu, strengthened their skill at hiding.