Chapter 12

" You did this to her . Didn't you ? " He questions after seeing my reaction . His voice changed a notch , it was filled with venom something he never spoke to me with . "

He was waiting for my answer an affirmation that I didn't do it . He desperately didn't want me to be what he was accusing me of .

" I have done that to her , " I whispered looking down and then everything remains silent just like the calmness of sea before storm ...

But the silence soon breaks as he catches me off guard . He punches me right across my jaw .

" Ouch ! " I whimper steadying myself from falling on my face .

" What the hell man ? " I ask gripping his collar and he shrugs off my hands from his collar saying a " Don't " in a low threatening voice , baiting me to do the otherwise .

" Sir , this is hospital . No violence will be tolerated. " The same doctor who spoke of rules reprimands us and we both pull back from each other with Abhi still glaring at me .

" How's she ? " I ask again and he sighs rubbing his light stubble beard in strokes .

" Follow me Bhai . Let's have this conversation in my cabin . " He tells and walks away from me . I sigh and follow him . Never has my younger brother rebelled against me and it hurts to see him far off from me because of a girl . But guess I deserved it ...

" Now tell me , " I say standing in front of his imported Mahogany table , putting my still cross fingered hands in my pocket . Trying to calm my nervousness .

He looks at me for the longest moments and starts speaking .

" She's fine until you keep yourself away from her . " He says and I raise my perfect eyebrow at him to explain making him sigh .

" Well , She's still unconscious duE to the sedatives I gave her . Thanks to you , She seems to be sleep deprived . She has numerous bruises on her whole body Bhai which have turned purple and her vaginal walls are ruptured ... " He continues to speak while I rub my forehead at the things I've done to her . I shouldn't have raped her . I don't know why but my conscious which was hibernating for the past week activates wanting to kill myself . I regret violating her body ...

" She's suicidal . " Hearing this my thoughts pause and I look at Abhi to see him watch me intensely .

" What ? " I whisper trying to deduce his words .

" Yes Bhai . What I've told you till now is her physical trauma you inflicted on her but I worry about her mental trauma that lead her to slit her wrist . Why would you do something like that Bhai ? Why would you rape her when you could have charmed her if you really had interest in her ?? " He asks looking at me in disappointment . His disappointing gaze pierces my heart like the sharp glass pieces cutting through my soul .

I've always been an ideal , a role model for all my siblings . I'm used to their admiring gazes not their disgusting gazes ...

I sigh and sit on the chair trying to comprehend everything . Now what should I do ?

" Is my revenge worth my guilt ?? "

" How do I redeem my acts though I know there is no salvation for it but I surely could start something to heal her .... "

Till moments ago only a part of me regretted my action but now every part of my mind and soul is regretting raping her .

My family has always been my priority and I was so blinded to secure it's happiness from breaking that I committed a SIN . My motto and intention was only to hurt her and break her just like she did to me but guess I was breaking my Morals all along my revenge ....

" Why Bhai ? " He asks again trying to know my state of mind . My reasons for behaving so inhumane .

Though various thoughts mostly guilt ran in me , I didn't show any emotion . I kept my usual business negotiation face with blank look . Not because I was a MAN and I wouldn't accept my fault but because me feeling of remorse will be shown by my actions .

It's waste to cry over spilled milk and instead of pitying myself to have caused pain to her , I'll redeem my ACT and show how I regret raping her not revenging her .

" When can I take her home ? " I ask Abhi who now looks at me in disbelief . His desperate answer seeking face turns cold completely avoiding any emotion to marr on his face .

" After I have a complete check and talk with her , " he replies in an monotonous voice making me sigh .

I nod my head and get up . Going out , I make my way towards the new private room in which Sana was shifted . I softly open the door and go inside to see her lying lifeless on the hospital bed if not for her parted lips respirating , I would've thought she didn't make it . Few tubes were attached to her wrist which were supposedly supplying Glucose to her .

" Look you broke her so well . Your revenge is done , " a voice in my head mocked me making me look at her pale face in regret .

I sit beside her on a stool placed near her bed thinking of what to do next  . I don't know when my eyes droop looking at her lying unconscious there but sleep overtakes every other senses ....

*********************************

Don't forget to

VOTE
SHARE
COMMENT

*********************************