Chapter 5

Today was such an eventful day . Something I could never forget . Sighing I sit on the stool in front of the dressing table and start taking out my ornaments one by one and keep them on one side of the dressing table neatly .

I desperately want to take a shower to refresh myself and clear off my mind from all of today's events . I so wish we had a Backspace , Rewind or Delete option in our life through which we could erase all the negative events of our life .

" But then life would be boring without any challenges . Life is all about tackling the challenges of our path Beta . "

I remember mama saying that when I used to complain about some hefty assignment at college or some fight with any of my classmate regarding marks . Now I look back , those were such petty issues compared to the one right in front of me .

This is life . Neither is there a Rewind option nor fast forward option . I've to endure and tackle this challenge for myself . I know this phase of life will also pass . But the question is the mode of operation in which it will pass ....

* Easy
* Medium
* Difficult ( √ )

I'm sure first two options should not be even considered . Not after the way I slapped him . Dealing with Atharv is going to be tough and now first I've to apologize to him . Though he was rude and instigated my anger , I shouldn't have slapped him ....

May be I should have been more stern whilE delivering my NO ...

Various thoughts fill me as I think of all possibilities that I could have followed rather than slapping him but I couldn't come up with better option other than that ...

What has dad got me into ? I just hope that me trusting his decision isn't wrong . I know he wouldn't wish or want anything against me but the circumstances tell otherwise ...

Slowly , I take out the pin of the dried Jasmine flowers from my braid and start removing every knot of my French braid . I run my fingers in them slowly to remove few tangles in them .

I get up and look around the room for my suitcase where my clothes would be kept . A warm shower and a fluffy bed was surely going to help me sleep and think over the issue ...

Before I could find my suitcase a loud bang on the door startles me . I turn around to see the door open and my husband standing there in his full glory . His neatly styled hair was now a mess as if it had been raked a lot of times . His suit jacket was open , tie long gone and first three buttons of his shirt were open giving a glimpse of his  chest and enough to cover his abs . The shirt was no more tucked in his pants and he was barefooted .

He looked like a mess . His eyes were blank without any emotion . Not even the intense lust , I had seen before . He kept on clenching and unclenching his fist as if controlling some of his inner beast . His forehead had long creases of frown and his jaw was clenched . His cheek had the prints of my finger reminding me of what happened Few minutes or was it an hour ago . He suddenly looked older than his age , which I don't know is how much ...

" Atharv ji , you alright ? " I ask going towards him . Though I should be scared by the way he looked , a part in my heart reminded me that he is my husband now and I had to be with him through sickness and health , through all good and bad . Respecting my marriage I walk towards him slowly , taking baby steps .

He kept looking at me blankly as if debating what to do . I stop myself in an arms distance from him letting him observe me . Though his gaze sent shivers down my back , I stood there .

But I think that was my biggest mistake as he pulls me towards him in a flash holding my right hand . The hand which he had bruised in morning by breaking my glass bangles . It hurt as he applied pressure on the same bruised spot .

But before I could tell him , he turn me around still holding my bruised spot of my right hand such that my back was now facing his front . He slowly yet firmly twists my hand behind my back making the pain unbearable .

" Stop . Please , " I whimper letting tears slide from my eyes across my cheeks as I couldn't control my pain .

" That is for saying NO to me , " he whispers in my ear , his hot breath fanning my skin .

With his other hand , he pulls my hair roughly making me whimper again .

" Never disrespect me you Bitch . Your father didn't get paid for this , " he says in a low warning voice but instead of his warning , the only words that my brain registered was my father getting PAID . But why ?

What does Atharv mean by paying my father ?? Is there more to my marriage that I don't know about ??

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey Guys !

It's so good to see increasing reads on this book . Finally we have reached the 1k target ....

But I would be really happy if you all could hit on the star button at the end of chapter and comment about the ongoing story ❤❤

As I promised that updates will be proportional to the rate of response , here is the new update .

Next update is coming up Soon . Keep Waiting , Until then ❤❤❤