Chapter 8

The chirping of birds and a cool breeze from the open window breaks my thoughts . I turn my head away from the ceiling , which I have been staring non-stop from the time Atharv felt asleep .

Another day came by and slowly I try getting up wrapping the sheets around me to fulfill my wifely duties . The pain in my privates only intensifies as I steady myself to stand on my legs . I slowly walk towards the bathroom for a warm shower ...

Once inside the bathroom , I stand in front of the full length mirror and let the sheet covering me slide through my body and fall on the white tiles of the bathroom floor .

My once beautiful , stainless body was now full of bruises and hickeys , my so called life partner left me . Tears again well in my eyes as self guilt consumes me . No matter what I try doing , I cannot forget the seven nights of torture my life partner of seven births showed me .

If this is the way I have to live everyday , killing my self respect a little by little , it's better to kill myself once and for all . Game Over !

From the day he started raping me , I have become an insomniac . The girl who loved sleeping , is having sleepless nights with nightmares in them ...

I cannot eat anything . All I do in the day is cleaning and cooking before going back to staring at walls and ceilings relaying his forceful actions towards me and crying at my fate ..

No matter what my parents tell me now , they sure didn't give birth to a coward and I'm not one . I'll be brave . If this is how god wants to test me then so be it , I'll not fail in this test of my life .

I'll not let Atharv rape me again . I don't know what pleasure he gets in forcing me . It's not like I will never let my husband touch me , all I wanted was a little time to know each other but I guess I've to know about his reasons of his psychoic behavior ...

If only I can change his behaviour towards me , I will be free of this self blame , guilt , insomnia and eating disorder ...

I take a hot shower bath with new determination in my mind . It's so true that after every dusk comes a dawn with new ray of hope and this is my hope . I may never forgive or forget Atharv 's doings but I sure as hell can try stopping him from harming me anymore ...

I wrap the towel around my body as I get out of the shower . I walk to the attached closed slowly so that the pain in my privates doesn't intensify .

Getting dressed , I go out to see Atharv still sleeping and Sun rays falling on his eyes . As a wifely duty I close the windows and put the binds on them and then take out his woRk clothes along with all the other accessories and go down to see Daadi ji sitting on thE dining table .

" You're late beta . But it's okay , go and cook breakfast . " she tells without giving me another look dismissing me with her gaze .

It's really strange that they don't have any domestic helping seeing how the house is big , Daadi ji is old and Atharv is always at office , I wonder who cleaned and cooked before me coming here .

Disregarding my thoughts , I start cooking a light breakfast and set it on table and as usual daadi starts eating without waiting for Atharv while I stand beside her serving food .

As she puts the spoon down after eating the last morsel , Atharv comes down looking dashing in his suit . I wouldn't have believed that behind this gorgeous face was a beast who feast at me every night . No wonder everyone say that , Looks can be deceiving .

As usual he leaves the house without another glance . I wonder if he is ever guilty of forcing me ? I wonder if it's his that guilt that doesn't let him have breakfast ???

After having my breakfast which is not more than two morsels , I put the spoon down as I feel nauseous with the taste . No matter how much I try the food refuses to leave my food pipe and enter into my stomach ...

After doing the dishes , I start cleaning the house . As usual I don't go to the east wing of the house which happens to be Atharv 's office and a strictly forbidden place for me .

But today I throw the caution away and go inside his study after making sure that other parts of house is cleaned . As I enter his study I'm hit with the acrid smell of alcohol .

The awful smell churns my stomach and the nauseous feeling returns . Immediately , I open the windows of the study letting fresh air come in .

Dad never let my brothers drink . He used to say that a man's true character comes out when he's drunk and a man should always do things sober rather drunk and blaming it on Alcohol ...

May be this alcohol is the reason why Atharv forces me every night . I'm sure without this damn thing his conscious wouldn't let him rape me ..

Sure of my thoughts , I empty all the alcohol bottles in the sink of bathroom . I don't know why he had so much stock of this vice thing ...

It took more effort than I thought to empty all the bottles which were some sixty five in number all of different brands and different sizes .

Satisfied with my work , I put all the empty bottles in a polythene bag and keep it in the store room along with all the other old newspapers I collected while cleaning . I'm sure these bottles will fetch me good sum of money than the news papers from the raddi wala ( scrap collector ) .

I didn't notice as evening rolls by and like usual , I prepare dinner and go to my room with a small smirk on my lips . Though doing all the work caused me strain , I'm sure today I'll not be raped because there's no alcohol in this house to trigger Atharv 's sanity ......

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey Guys !!

How do you think is this chapter ?

Do u think Sana 's plan will work ??

Hit the comments section to tell me your opinion on this chapter and what do you think about Sana 's plan .

I know , I said that this chapter is going to be from Atharv 's POV but what to do I couldn't write more at this hour and I wanted to give you all an early update ( my way of thanking all of you for  crossing 5k reads ) .

So , the next chapter is going to be Atharv 's POV . Hold your breath for Atharv 's reaction ....

Hit the STAR button to make me smile and write more ...

Hit Share to share this story with your friends ...

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••