Part 25 - The War Cry (FINAL)

" Hey Marie, are you still wake up ? " Remy the Gardener knock with low sound as he touches the door with his ear. His shabby hat is held by his left hand. He whispers trying to keep the voice at minimum level. After a minute, Marie opens the door. Marie herself is a young maid that works in Blanco's mansion after she substitute her mother who is dead many years ago.

The old gardener comes inside Marie's room. He looks in that small room, there is some book opened in the table with little lamp that shines the letters. Marie wears a simple white T-shirt because she needs to go to sleep after reading that book. Remy sits in the floor and Marie closes the door. Remy stare for a second in her desk carefully.

" You still read something at this hour, huh? " Remy asks.

Marie just nods calmly.

" Be careful, it is bad for your sight. Anyway, every communications are disconnected in this mansion. We're like a rat trapped in a cage. " Remy sighs.

" So we really can't call police, right ? " Hearing what Remy stated, Marie desperately sighs. Her face looks down as they didn't know how much times they will be in the mansion with some mysterious men guards this place securely. The same people who raid this place and the same people who kidnapped Roy.

" But we actually have one way out. " Remy replies.

" Wait, you have a way ? Why didn't you tell me sooner ? . "

" Yeah, my bad. Actually there is a wall that is shorter than the other. It's located at the corner of the east from the gate entrance. " Remy answers. He looks a little from the window in that room. Seeing a beautiful scenery from the mansion's surrounding.

" Let me do it. I can climb fast enough. " Marie answers quickly.

" Hah, are you really sure? "

" Of course. There is no other reason you come to my room right? "

" You really sharp, Marie. Alright, I'll be the decoy for the guards. The place itself is so close with your room, right? When you hear plate broken, that's the signal, just run. Now prepare everything. " Remy ends the conversation and walk out from the room. Marie waits and prepares everything that she needs. She wears her jacket and a training pants to increase her movement. She uses her hoodie to cover her head.

It takes some minutes then she opens her window and hears glassware broken. Then Marie run in rush to the location. Her heart pumped fast when she sees a shadow that's been from guard's flashlight moves. The light itself suddenly faded, it means Remy became a great decoy and did a great job. Marie walks in the darkness and finally she sees that wall. It's really true, the top of the wall is shorter if it compares with the wall beside it. Close with that wall, there is a giant tree that face right with it. The beautiful well-cut trees that has a shape of swan. Marie is pretty sure that this wall is used by Remy to cut the top of tree. Knowing this place is far from the mansion, maybe he's pretty lazy to bring the ladder.

Marie pulls the bottom of her pants, then she's ready to climb. She's pretty quick but in the third steps, it almost gives her a little heart attack. She almost slipped because the stone is very wet.

" Ah, I almost got heart attack ! " Marie says with alert. Her heartbeat still beat fast, she breathe three times to stabilize her.

After that she continue to climbs, it takes more than seven steps to climb the wall. When she's already at the top of the wall, she jumps into the tree in front of her. Then Marie can climb down very safely.

" This is really nothing, compares with the trees in my village. " She smiles.

Then she run leaving the house. By the night comes, the mysterious men who guard the gate didn't turn the flashlight on in many times. Actually it will makes it so suspicious for themself for people who pass through the street. She run in the corner of the four junction and suddenly someone calls her,