Part 20 - The Curtain

" Are you really okay with this, Don ? " Edgar asks.

Don nods calmly and gives her a warm smile.

" Of course. Have fun all of you. "

" I'll definitely record the show tonight and give it to you ! " Rose replies passionately as in the other side, she didn't feel good enough to leave Don here.

After they go, Don sit in the chair waiting people who still read some book. After someone finishes the book, he come and take it back into the shelf. As they go, Don says, "Thanks for coming " when they leave the library.

Few people left in the place. After finish putting back one book in the shelf that named 'romance', Don walks again to the front room. While he tries to catch a breathe, he catches a glimpse a familiar figure standing outside the library. Her white hair is so rare and that's why Don didn't mistaken this person. He opens the door quickly.

" Hal ! It's been a long time ! "

Hal smiles.

" Yeah, it's like just yesterday that I have a contact with you, Don. "

" Come inside, will you? " Don invites Hal comes inside as he feels little surprised seeing Hal after a long enough time. Then Don gives her chair and bring a warm tea to his guest. After pours Hal's cup, Don takes a chair next to her and sit.

" That's so kind. You don't need to gives this, Don. " Hal speaks as she feels a little uncomfortable. But how he served makes her happy too.

" It's okay. I ever sit in that same chair too. But after you take a sip of the tea, it's relaxing. " Don replies.

Hal takes a sip and feels her heart refreshed for a second.

" So, where were you going until this time, Hal? And what brings you this night here? "

" I visit my cousin outside this city. Sorry for not telling you. Well, do you miss me? " Hal winks as her seduced eyes is shown.

Don cracks a little laugh.

" Haha. Yeah, kinda. You should know Roy. He must really think you all the day. Did you already meet him? " Don states the words as he tries to tease Hal. Hal just smiled calmly.

" I didn't see him until this day. So are you working here right now, Don ? " Hal asks.

" No, I am just a temporary substitute here, kinda helping a friend. " Don answers.

Hal giggles.

" I thought you only had Roy as friend, Don. " Hal replies.

" Wait, you're actually right. I think I only get close with Roy and his old brothers. But I always had a blurry memories about another one. I think it's a silhouette of a girl. I can't remember her face clearly. " Don tries hardly to clean his memories. But although he uses all of his effort, he can't get clearly the face. In his memories, he ever visited a place with Roy and a girl whom her face is so mysterious. The place itself is just like a park that has a bench and small fountain. When he thinks it again, his head gets dizzy.

Hal smiles warmly. Then she tries to talk more and gains some information.

" Hey Don, do you remember what happens around twelve years ago, there is a little girl who is abandoned by her family ? " Hal asks.

" Wait, where did that happen? "

" Outside Regalia city. A small city called Essiene. " Hal answers.

Don thinks as his brain gear works. His mind surfs deeply into his memories.

" Nah, I never go outside this city. Is that kind of new mystery again, Hal ? Please don't disappear after this night. " Don jokes.

Hal smiles a little knowing she didn't get the information she needs. At that time, she felt Don's presence warms her. She looks his eyes as she tries to read what Don feels at that time. She also realized that Don stated a honest opinion. There is no way he lied about his memories. The eyes is the only one who can't lie.

Hal takes a sip again. While Don leaves her for a second to put someone's book into the shelf again. People decreased by the time. When the moonlight shows more light than street lamp, it drain people's stamina. When they got tired, they need to take a rest at their home. Leaving the old library just two people. Don who still put the books back again and Hal who sit silently.

She grabs her little note from her pocket. One of the paper showed the detail description about the old library. Hal reads it with slow voice alone.

" This old library is owned by The Serpent Tribes. Wow this is surprising. And who has the responsibility for taking care this place, hmmm... "

Hal opens another page as her eyes becomes more focus.

" Rose Flanel."

In that silent atmosphere, Hal smiles cunningly.

" If I also can cut this one off, I really can own my hero for eternity. " She touches her hair and laugh crazily with low voice that she tries to hold it. But in that perfect silence when just a little voice can slip through the air. Don hears a laugh voice and he feels a cold feeling in the back of his neck. But suddenly he realized that there is Hal in front so he's not alone. Then he come back again to check her.

" You good, Hal? Is something funny? " Don asks bluntly. Then he sit again in the same chair with his chair before.

" Ah, nothing. I just find it funny that you really serious being a substitute in this place. Is someone important in this place? " Hal asked to fish some important information.

"Actually yeah hahaha. " Don answers happily.

" Oh, who is this person? Tell me, tell me. " Hal tries to tease Don again.

" No, I can't. That's classified. " Don jokes as he feels a little shy.

Hal smiles as she change his sit position.

" Ehh.. Where is she now ? Ehm, isn't me really enough for you, Don ? " Hal seduced again.

Don giggles.

" It's more than that, Hal. She bears a more important reason to fit in my life. I think she went to Gareth Walker's concert this night. " Don scratched his hair.

Hal smiles happily at that time. But it's more like evil smile. Her eyes stares Don like a snake who find his prey. " I can throw two birds with two stone accidentally. This is really my big day. " Hal talks in her mind. Her expression makes Don a little bit surprised. But he didn't think through that time.

As Hal takes a last sip of her coffee. She asks,

" Hey Don, do you know what differ a serious woman or just a chick who want to play someone's heart? "

Don shut his mouth. He can't find the answers.

" A proposal. This girl, just propose her, Don. If she really has a feeling for you and being serious to you, she'll accept you. If not, cut her off, she just want to play your heart. Believe me, Don. I'm a girl too. " Hal answers as she stands and tries to leaves the old library. Don follows her to the door and opens it for her. Before Hal really leaves the place, she stops a little and gives her a last words.

" This girl, search her background story, her past, Don. When you know all from this girl, you'll think wisely 'is she really need a place in my life? ' "

Don thinks until her back really disappeared from the street.

He also realized there is a television under the front room desk. It's designed for anyone who works as this old library's caretaker in some shift. He found a remote next to the television and starts to watch some news to refresh his mind.

But Don looks shocked as a headline news shown in that television. When the newscaster talks, he takes his phone trying to call Edgar or Rose. In the bottom line of the headline news shown,

" A Riot in Gareth Walker's concert.. "